Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 30. THE REAVER *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 30. THE REAVER *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

LENA TRAK | 221 comments What does the word REAVER mean? Is it something like a raider?

message 3: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments LENA wrote: "What does the word REAVER mean? Is it something like a raider?"
I think so. I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary, here's what came up:
1. One who reaves. Archaic term for one who despoils, plunders, bereaves, takes with violence.
2. Terrifying, cannibalistic, self-mutalating savages living in the outskirts of the settled universe in Joss Whedon's Firefly and Serenity.

I've watched both Firefly and Serenity, so I kept thinking about those Reavers while reading. Thankfully the ironborn are not cannibals. Btw, the ironborn drown themselves and then are brought back by the Drowned God. Does that make them the walking dead? Lol.

Euron creeps the f*ck out of me. He's drinking from that weird wizard wine? Whaaat?! I wonder what he sees when he drinks it. I also wonder why he started drinking it in the first place, Victarion said it smelt like rotting corpses. Yuck. Also, they obviously don't know that Daenerys can't have children. Poor Victarion. I like him, but I'm sure Dany won't and then there'll be trouble for him. That is, if he ever reaches her. I'd love it if Victarion somehow went to Valyria.

message 4: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments *YAWN*

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments "He stole my wife and he stole my throne, and now he steals my glory."
There's a lot of siblings that go against each other in this series.
I hope Victarion suceeds where Euron doesn't.

message 6: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Brianna wrote: ""He stole my wife and he stole my throne, and now he steals my glory."
There's a lot of siblings that go against each other in this series.
I hope Victarion suceeds where Euron doesn't."

Okay, I know this is completely irrelevant, but I'm reading your post while installing Dragon Age: Inquisition, and there's some background music from the installation wizard and everything I read sounds so epic!

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) It strikes me that this is the first chapter in the book that started with some action, instead of a lengthy description of the setting along with what everyone is wearing and eating.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.