Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 25. CERSEI V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 25. CERSEI V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Re: When Cersei tells Tommen jousting is in your blood and she was meaning Jaimie,not Robert.

Oooops, epic fail!

I loved Margery calling her on it. Margery is sharp as a tack!

LENA TRAK | 221 comments "Supper promised to be a tedious affair as well. It was hard work to rule a kingdom much less seven of them."

If you don't like it Cercei dear step down and rid us of your malevolence.

message 4: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments I hate Cersei's chapters. She's a short-sighted lackwit and I find this stupid quarrel between her and the Tyrells extremely annoying, especially when she and Maergery start comparing their dick-size. (I'm not sure the expression exists in English, but it's quite a fitting one, I think.) I don't understand her. She fights for power, but what does she intend to do with the kingdom? So far her only goal is to surround herself with stupid people with zero character whom she can control (and then she whines about how stupid and incompetnet they are... such logic) and to basically prove that she "has the biggest dick". K, fine, and then what? She thinks of ruling as something stagnant, but it's not. A ruler is a leader, someone who guides the kingdom in a certain direction. Any king or queen who does not is bound to be soon forgotten. She brings shame to the feminist movement. She's arrogant, stupid and cruel. I can't stand her and I can't stand her chapters. I also can't stand Maergery. She reminds me of both Cersei and Sansa, though she's probably more clever than both put together. I also hate reading about Loras because all I can think about is his grief for Renly. I mean, it's not fair, I didn't even like Renly, why should I feel sorry he's dead? Come on, Martin, can't you just let me get over it already?

Anna I love Cersei's chapters. She is such an evil, self-serving, two-faced bitch, and it is hilarious reading from her perspective. "A turnip would have grasped it quicker" haha :)
As to what she wants to do with the kingdom, I don't think she wants to do anything, she couldn't care less what happened to it. The only thing she cares about is power and respect (which she will never get, scheming and dishonest wench that she is). She only thinks about herself, her needs, her feelings, she doesn't even think about the needs of her 8-year-old son.

message 6: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments When she said if she was to wed with Rhaegar he would never lay eyes on the wolf girl. Oh, how wrong could you be Cercei, you narcissistic, selfish, vulgar fool.

This is the first time I feel disgusted by her for real. She underestimated everyone and believed herself to be better than everybody else. That's a terrible combination for a ruler.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments Not Davos! I seriously can't wait to get to the next book to see what happened there!
Tommen is totally adorable.
I wonder what Qyburn is up to.
... Did she try to kill Lady Tanda?
Not Bronn!

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) I enjoy Cersei as a character. She bumbles around, far less politically savvy than anyone else in her family, trying to manipulate people yet very transparent to everyone. She's such a prisoner of her own emotions and whims, it would be pathetic if it wasn't so comical. Having said that, this chapter was too long and actually mostly dull. A Feast For Crows is turning out to be my least favorite installment in the ASOIAF series.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.