Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 24. ALAYNE I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 24. ALAYNE I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
I forgot who Alayne was for a bit. I had to read a fair amount until it clicked. Duh!

LENA TRAK | 221 comments To "break her fast"?? Is that correct? I've never heard it before.

message 4: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
It took me a while to figure out who she was too

message 5: by Ria (last edited Jul 29, 2016 01:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments LENA wrote: "To "break her fast"?? Is that correct? I've never heard it before."
Yeah, apparently "breakfast" comes from that. Sounds weird, doesn't it? I guess because during the night you don't eat, so that means you're "fasting" to a degree, and with the first meal of the day, you "break your fast". Hence it's called breakfast. At least that's how I understand it. It took me a while to get it, when I first came across the expression. I think we discussed it in the first or second book.

It's weird how easily it comes to her to forget who she truly is. She takes the role of Alayne so fast. I can't help but compare that to the blind passion with which Arya defends those parts of herself that remind of her of her family and who she truly is (case in point - Needle).

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Thanks Ria! I read the first book in Greek and I wasn't a member of the group so I probably missed it.

message 7: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments LENA wrote: "Thanks Ria! I read the first book in Greek and I wasn't a member of the group so I probably missed it."
You're welcome :)

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Ria wrote: "LENA wrote: "To "break her fast"?? Is that correct? I've never heard it before."
Yeah, apparently "breakfast" comes from that. Sounds weird, doesn't it? I guess because during the night you don't e..."

Exactly Ria, with Sansa there's always a comparison with Arya. Needless to say Arya wins it for me.

Like everyone, it took me a paragraph to remember Alayne is Sansa.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments I wonder why Sansa thinks of herself as Alayne now.
Geez Petyr is a bit cray. Why do they think leeching him is effective?

message 10: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Brianna wrote: "I wonder why Sansa thinks of herself as Alayne now."
Well, Petyr told her that if she were to lie well, she'd have to at least partly believe her lies. I think at one point he literally asked her if she could be his daughter in her heart and thoughts as well. So yeah...

Brianna wrote: "Why do they think leeching him is effective?"
They think they're "getting rid of the bad blood", or so I've heard.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) So Lyn Corbray is actually working with Littlefinger, which means the whole scene where Corbray draws his sword was staged in order to give Littlefinger the leverage he needed to force the Lords Declarant to leave? And Littlefinger's comment about Corbray liking boys and killing...does that mean he intends to give Robert to Corbray?

message 12: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Randy wrote: "So Lyn Corbray is actually working with Littlefinger, which means the whole scene where Corbray draws his sword was staged in order to give Littlefinger the leverage he needed to force the Lords De..."
For the first question - yeah, pretty much. For the second one: Whaa...?! I totally missed that, I'm writing down a note to myself to re-read this chapter.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.