Overdue Podcast discussion

Listener questions!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (andrewwrites) | 3 comments Mod
A couple of you guys suggested that we do a listener Q&A episode, and as you may have heard we're planning on doing it as our bonus episode for June - we wouldn't be recording it until next week or the week after, but if you have questions you can ask them here! (Or on Facebook, or Twitter, or via overduepod@gmail.com). We might also do a live Hangout for you guys as we record but we're still working out the details. :)

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire | 1 comments My big question is if you guys plan to create original (non-podcast) work? Andrew, do you plan to write a book, novel, screenplay someday? Craig, would you ever consider writing or developing a new play?
If you haven't considered it before, you both should. What would be a dream project for you guys?
~Claire

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (pjhugs) | 1 comments What book have you read for the show that you were surprised you enjoyed? And the opposite, what book did you read that you were surprised you didn't like? Have your reading preferences changed at all since you started the show?
Thanks! Keep up the great work!
-Paula

message 4: by Santiago (new)

Santiago Prado Loy (mrsantiagoprado) | 1 comments My biggest question is one I ask every bookworm or writer that I come across. So, why do you think we like to read so much? Do you think that whatever it is we find in books that makes us like it is new in us or it was with us all along? Which is: do you think writers are like builders or are they like archaelogists?

Much love from Mexico

Santiago

message 5: by Ellen (new)

Ellen   IJzerman (Prowisorio) (prowisorio) | 12 comments Is there any book you absolutely won't read? And if so, why?

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie | 1 comments What do you read when you're not reading for the podcast?

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 48 comments What got you into reading? How did that turn into a podcast about books?

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 48 comments Who came up with the name Overdue?

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 48 comments what were rejected names for the podcast!?

message 10: by Albie (new)

Albie (albie_miranda) | 21 comments How did you two become friends? I seem to recall you saying that you'd met as roommates in college (am I remembering that correctly? I may not be remembering that correctly...) but what was the actual moment when you went from thinking about each other as "the dude I have to put up with" to "the dude I don't mind putting up with...that much"?

Another question: how has the podcast changed how you read? Are you always conscious of the fact that you'll eventually be recounting the story/plot details? Does it get distracting?

message 11: by Erica (new)

Erica (Harmonde) | 1 comments Excluding the Fifty Shades trilogy, what book(s) that you've read for the podcast did you dislike the most? (I assumed that Fifty Shades would be the automatic bottom of the barrel.)
Is there a book you thought you'd get a lot of requests for that hasn't actually been recommended to you very often?
If you had to come up with ridiculous pseudonyms for yourselves, what would they be? (When I was around twelve, we had to watch educational videos in school featuring a kid named Theo Saurus. It was painful even then.)

message 12: by Jules (new)

Jules (julieg67) | 5 comments In terms of your high school and college reading lists, do you think they were outdated? Do you think there is more that schools should or could be doing to keep students interested in reading? I really enjoy your show, thanks very much!

message 13: by Michael Mullady (new)

Michael Mullady | 1 comments How did you settle on the theme song? It is awesome Miles Davis and fits the podcast so well I couldn't imagine another one.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 48 comments What is your favorite Overdue stress dream?

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (sweetpea626) | 19 comments What are some of your favorite books ever (that have not been featured on the show)? Some of the least?

What books do you think have expanded your world the most?

Do you share your tastes in books with your wives?

message 16: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (sweetpea626) | 19 comments Are there any specific quotes you've read that have stuck with you?

message 17: by Russell (last edited Jun 19, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Russell Piontek | 2 comments I don't know if this is too late but for the love of everything good and holy I need the answer to these questions:
1. Favorite pokemon (original 150 obviously)?
2. Super smash bros. 64 or melee? (there is a right answer)
2a. Favorite character?

That is all.