Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 20. THE DROWNED MAN *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 20. THE DROWNED MAN *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
"Crow's Eye you call me. Well who has a keener eye than the crow? After every battle the crows come in their hundreds and their thousands to Feast upon the fallen. A crow can espy death from afar. And I say that all of Westeros is dying. Those who follow me will Feast until the end of their days. "

I was trying to figure out why this book is called "A Feast For Crows". As far as I can see that quote sums it up quite well.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: ""Crow's Eye you call me. Well who has a keener eye than the crow? After every battle the crows come in their hundreds and their thousands to Feast upon the fallen. A crow can espy death from afar. ..."

I agree. Not only does it explain the title but also explains why we don't get to read about major characters. It's all about the consequences of what happened in book 3. BTW I miss Tyrion. :(

message 4: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Wait, what?! Euron's been to Valyria?! Whaaaaa? I had to bend to pick up my jaw. I wonder why he went there, what he saw, how he found that horn and how he knew what it was and how to use it. Also, I'm fascinated with his crew. Why are they mute? Where did they come from? How did they come to know Euron and how did they become his sailors? What's their story?!

Also, what's with this iron hinge that Aeron hears twice in the chapter? If it's a reference to something that's already happened, I really cannot remember. I think Euron is a sociopath. Nevertheless, he's fascinating and I'd love to know more about his travels. I hope someone goes to Valyria so we can experience the old empire first-hand. Well, second-hand, really, but you get my point.

Anna It bugs me that Aeron's chapter was "The Prophet" first, and now he is "The Drowned Man".

message 6: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Well he's the Drowned Man, thus the Prophet, a proclaimer of the will of the Drowned God. And he has damp hair lol

message 7: by S (last edited Aug 16, 2016 12:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments OK I've been wondering...did Euron molest Aeron as a child or something? Aeron seemed to hear "iron hinges" every time he thought of his brother, like it's traumatized him or something (similar to Cersei, who mentioned "Maggy the frog"? every time she thought of Tyrion, like it's a bad thing though I still don't know what's that all about).

Considering Euron was far from getting the Best Brother of the Year award, I kinda think about this a lot. I mean, what else "creaking doors in the middle of the night" could even imply...Any thoughts?

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments "I'll knit is all a kingdom." < lol
Hih, that's an interesting horn. I wonder how it was able to burn him.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) I just finished this chapter - I think the horn is probably the most interesting part of the book so far. Certainly it has the potential to be the proverbial fly in Daenerys' ointment.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.