Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 16. SAMWELL II *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 16. SAMWELL II *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Samwell's father's way of teaching him how to swim is just awful! I would lie to throw him in the lake with a heavy weight around his ankle.

"Fat men take a cushion with them wherever the dry go. "
See Sam isn't so stupid. Your butt will never be sore if you have your own cushion.

message 3: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
Sam is one of my favorites. I think he is going to turn out to be very brave in the end.

Wait did I just read that the reason Gilly is crying so much is that the babies were switched before they got on the boat??? I did not see that coming.

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Roseanne wrote: "
Wait did I just read that the reason Gilly is crying so much is that the babies were switched before they ..."

I got confused by that and had to reread and checked out the summary. I was mindblown.. so yes I think you did just read that Roseanne.

Tyler Lavender | 2 comments Yeah I was super shocked when I read that. I mean in a wildlings sense, it does make sense. They have a hierarchy that they follow to but goodness that is a big sacrifice. I could never let my daughter go.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Roseanne wrote: "Sam is one of my favorites. I think he is going to turn out to be very brave in the end.

Wait did I just read that the reason Gilly is crying so much is that the babies were switched before they ..."

Why did they switch the babies?????

message 7: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aren't they protecting the baby she took instead?

LENA TRAK | 221 comments I will have to reread this chapter. I must have missed something.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Yeah the babies switching was a nice twist, it was done because Melissandre was at the Nights Watch and since she has the tendency to burn people and things, she might want to sacrifice Kings blood and Mance was a King. But again, Gilly had to give up her child, which means if Melissandre was to burn she'll be burning Gilly's son. That's how Sam interpreted it.

For those watching the show: (view spoiler)

message 10: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am not watching the show but I am pretty sure that I heard there are several thinks that don't happen in the right order.

message 11: by LENA (last edited Sep 02, 2016 08:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Vishakha wrote: "Yeah the babies switching was a nice twist, it was done because Melissandre was at the Nights Watch and since she has the tendency to burn people and things, she might want to sacrifice Kings blood..."

Yes, they show it in season 6 but there is no baby switching. They left this part out.

message 12: by S (last edited Aug 16, 2016 12:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments OK now I feel bad for being so hard on Gilly the entire time she's been crying herself to oblivion on board. UGH

And it was interesting and sad how Aemon mentioned Dunk and Egg. I felt like crying, really. I think his time will come soon... ;/

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments His dad is seriously not my favorite. He tried so many things to get rid of Sam!
I wonder why Jon would have Gilly switch babies versus letting her take both.
"The worst isn't done. The worst is just beginning, and there are no happy endings."

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) Brianna wrote: "I wonder why Jon would have Gilly switch babies versus letting her take both."

I'm guessing if Gilly left with both babies it would be obvious that they were trying to get Mance's baby away from Melisandre, and they would not have been permitted to leave by Stannis' men. Everyone expected Gilly to leave with a baby, they just didn't expect her to leave with Mance's baby instead of her own.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.