Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 14. THE SOILED KNIGHT *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 14. THE SOILED KNIGHT *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Any idea what they mean by "soiled night"? I really don't understand the title.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: "Any idea what they mean by "soiled night"? I really don't understand the title."

I'm not sure either. I had to read this chapter twice. I think that it means Arys is dishonored since he sleeps with Arianne instead of doing his duty (protect Myrcella). He wears the white so he is not supposed to sleep with women. But he gives in temptation so he is no longer "The honorable knight".

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Even though informative I find the Dorne chapters rather dull. I'm trying to pay close attention though, because I'm sure Martin writes them for good reason

message 5: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

LENA wrote: "Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: "Any idea what they mean by "soiled night"? I really don't understand the title."

I'm not sure either. I had to read this chapter twice. I think that it means Arys is..."

I kind of wondered that too but was unsure.

And I agree completely with how you feel about these chapters.

message 6: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
I'm sure the soiled knight is a reference to him breaking his oath. Myrcella on the iron throne? An interesting thought. If she is anything like her mother who knows.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments No I don't like Dorne chapters, I'm kind of bored with the whole Red Viper death revenge shebang!

Please tell me it gets interesting?

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Vishakha wrote: "No I don't like Dorne chapters, I'm kind of bored with the whole Red Viper death revenge shebang!

Please tell me it gets interesting?"

The final chapters were quite good actually.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Thanks Lena. Was just wanting hear that it gets better!

message 10: by Ria (last edited Jul 29, 2016 04:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Wow, so much girlpower in this book! From what I've heard about Myrcella, I'd say she'd make a proper queen, but she needs someone to teach her how to rule. She has the talent and the wits, just needs someone to help her shape them. She's too young to do it on her own. I wonder, though. Does Arianne truly love Arys, or is she only using him to get what she wants? Btw, I thought she would be more supportive of her father. It's weird to see how differently she and Areo Hotah think of Doran Martell. Arianne seems to be in the right,(view spoiler) <- major spoiler for ADwD

If you were wondering who The Gold Company are (they were mentioned in other chapters, too, I think both before and after this chapter) and why it's such a big deal that they've broken their contract (I don't remember it being properly explained in any of the books, including ADwD), watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M_hh... WARNING! It has major ADwD spoilers, so if you haven't read the book, don't watch it, even if you're up-to-date with the show! Alternatively, you can watch from 10:00 to 11:10, that's when the history of the Golden Comapny is told. It would spare you the major spoilers, though there's still one about the identity of the three-eyed-crow. It's an interesting piece of information and for all those who've read ADwD and aren't afraid of the "big scary spoiler", I would love to hear your opinion on the theory presented in the video.

Holy shit, remembering all these things about ADwD makes me so excited to read it again. This is the perfect book for a group-read, argh!, all the theories and suppositions we could make... I can't wait.

message 11: by LENA (new) - rated it 4 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Oh my God I just saw it... Thanks Ria, great video! Yes, it contains major spoilers.

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Ria (last edited Jul 29, 2016 04:44AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments LENA wrote: "Oh my God I just saw it... Thanks Ria, great video! Yes, it contains major spoilers.

[spoilers removed]"

You're welcome! They have other great theories at that channel, including one about the Others. I haven't watched that one, but my sister explained it to me. Quite interesting and somewhat disturbing, to be honest.

(view spoiler)

message 13: by LENA (new) - rated it 4 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments I agree...Martin is Super clever.. He has created this whole world. It seems impossible sometimes. I often try to imagine what his house may look like. I picture him living in a mansion. The basement is full of pictures and post its pinned on the wall connected with colorful yarns (detective style). It has to look like this..

message 14: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments LENA wrote: "I agree...Martin is Super clever.. He has created this whole world. It seems impossible sometimes. I often try to imagine what his house may look like. I picture him living in a mansion. The baseme..."

Hahahah, if it does not, I will be utterly disappointed!

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments Not going to lie but took me a minute to realize who he was with!
Not quite sure what her game plan is. I also wonder if she really cares for him or is just manipulating him.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.