Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 11. SANSA I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 11. SANSA I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
I don't trust Littlefinger. He is up to something.

message 3: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Roseanne wrote: "I don't trust Littlefinger. He is up to something."

Oh yes. He always is!

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

I was a little creeped out by Robert Arryn "trying to nuzzle at her (Sansa's) breasts"

The apple does not fall far from the creepy Arryn tree. His Mom was creepy too. I wonder what Jon Arryn was like. We never got to know his obviously.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments I would really like to read a chapter told from littlefinger's perspective. Just one. Most of the times I'm positive he loves only himself and no one else. Until I read these chapters and I start wondering..Did he ever love Cat? Is he in love with Sansa??

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: "I was a little creeped out by Robert Arryn "trying to nuzzle at her (Sansa's) breasts"

The apple does not fall far from the creepy Arryn tree. His Mom was creepy too. I wonder what Jon Arryn was ..."

That part made me feel sick...

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Lol I was not so much surprised considering he used to breast feed, so just nuzzling didn't surprise me much, I would have really felt disgusted if he tried to breast feed from Sansa, now that he thinks she is his mom.

I just keep rolling my eyes on Sansa, the way she keeps herself convincing that whatever she is doing is the only way, like she couldn't run away from Kings' Landing or that Lysa was killed because Littlefinger was trying to save her and he is the only one who cares just because he saved her life twice!

message 8: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments At one point Littlefinger said something like "Honorable men would do for their children what they would not do for themselves." (not a direct quote) - he was talking about the guy he named Keeper of the gate (that might not be the proper title, I can't remember), but I think he also meant Ned. He gave up his honour to save the lives of his family, but if it was only his own life on the line, he never would have done it.

Sansa was actually less annoying this time, but her chapters creep me out - both because of Littlefinger (or, as my best friend and I like to call him, Middlefinger) and because of that little shit Robert. Oh, and now because of Mallirion as well. He was blinded, lost his fingers for a crime he did not commit and never stopped singing? That gave me the shivers and broke my heart at the same time.

PS. Wouldn't it have been super cool if Petyr's father had been called Thumb? lol I wonder why they call him Littelfinger in the first place.

Anna Ria wrote: "lol I wonder why they call him Littelfinger in the first place. "

I seem to remember it was because he came from the smallest of the fingers (those tongues of land jutting out into the sea north of the Eyrie).

Interesting perspective on the quote, I never thought of that!

Robert is scary, one moment he screams at her and accuses her of all sorts of things, the next he is nuzzling at her breasts and asking if she is his mother. I think he is mentally ill as well as physically.

message 10: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Ria wrote: "At one point Littlefinger said something like "Honorable men would do for their children what they would not do for themselves." (not a direct quote) - he was talking about the guy he named Keeper ..."

Caprice wrote: "Ria wrote: "lol I wonder why they call him Littelfinger in the first place. "

I seem to remember it was because he came from the smallest of the fingers (those tongues of land jutting out into the..."

He came from "The Fingers" and he was small when he was young, thus the name.

message 11: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Ah, I see. Thanks to both of you :)

message 12: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Ok the Marillion part was mega-creepy. The part where it revealed he lost his fingers and eyes gave me chills. And the guy never stopped singing. Geez.

I wonder what Sansa would do latwr on with the info she got from Aunt Lysa's "ravings" (Petyr's word). Now I understand she's into denial, since LF is the only person she could coubt on, so she couldn't wouldn't allow herself to think ill of the guy

But once things started coming together...much much later on...it might change everything *dramatic music playing*

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments "Only sometimes Sansa found it hard to tell where the man ended and the mask began."

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) Siya wrote: "Ok the Marillion part was mega-creepy. The part where it revealed he lost his fingers and eyes gave me chills. And the guy never stopped singing. Geez...."

Does anyone remember the prog rock band Marillion? They had a minor hit in the mid-1980s with the song "Kayleigh." Their album covers featured someone dressed in a jester outfit playing a fiddle or a lute I think. I wonder if GRRM got an inspiration for this character from that band. The band's name by the way is an abbreviated version of Simarillion.

message 15: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Randy wrote: "Does anyone remember the prog rock band Marillion? They had a minor hit in the mid-1980s with the song "Kayleigh." Their album covers featured someone dressed in a jester outfit playing a fiddle or a lute I think. I wonder if GRRM got an inspiration for this character from that band. The band's name by the way is an abbreviated version of Simarillion. "

Oh, wow, this is fascinating! I've never heard of them before. I'm listening to this song right now and the weirdest part is - it sounds super familiar.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) Ria wrote: "Oh, wow, this is fascinating! I've never heard of them before. I'm listening to this song right now and the weirdest part is - it sounds super familiar."

That IS weird. I haven't heard that song on the radio in about 30 years. It's catchy though - I still remember it, along with another song or two of theirs. GRRM would be old enough to remember it for sure, if he listened to that type of music.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.