Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 6. SAMWELL I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 6. SAMWELL I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Oh yikes. I think Maester Aemon is a little old to go that far. I don't predict him living too long.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments "Gilly's presence always flustered him and gave rise to...well, risings." LOL

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

LENA wrote: ""Gilly's presence always flustered him and gave rise to...well, risings." LOL"

Yes! That was pretty funny! Lol

I love Samwell.

Peter Jurčo | 8 comments Samwell's little dilemma about what to do with a mouse in the library was amusing.
"It is such a little thing, though. And hungry. How could he begrudge it a few crumbs? It's eating books, though… "

message 6: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Jul 16, 2016 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Peter wrote: "Samwell's little dilemma about what to do with a mouse in the library was amusing.
"It is such a little thing, though. And hungry. How could he begrudge it a few crumbs? It's eating books, though… ""

Well if it is eating books it is hard not to starve the little guy!

Samwell is just too kind for his own good in such a cruel world.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Yeah he is too kind and imagine the fear he has that he cannot go to Oldtown (right?) just because his father told him no once. What an impression his father has.

message 8: by Ria (last edited Jul 22, 2016 02:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Now that was a fresh breath of air! I initially thought the chapter was long and would drag, but when I started reading, I didn't realise it was over until I turned the last page.

His father is brutal. I mean, I get being hard on your firstborn son, him being your heir and all, but that's just mental. I think he only fed Sam's fears, rather than make him stronger. He does make me angry, though, it's annoying how he keeps saying "Oh, but I'm craven, blah blah blah." It's not the fact that he's afraid that bothers me, it's that he keeps whining about it. It's like he's accepted it and is too afraid to even try to change. That's annoying.

Jon is being cold, I'm not sure if I'm worrying that he's getting arrogant and all high-and-mighty, or if I just respect him for being so firm. Being Lord Commander is surely taking its toll on him. I love how at the end he tells Sam to pull his hood up, because snow is melting in his hair and then he gets this weird look, and I know he's thinking about Robb and how the snowflakes used to melt in his hair (I think this is one of the few things I'll remember Robb by, I'm pretty sure his entire family mentioned snow melting in his hair at least once at some point in their chapters :D). He's probably thinking about how different things are, how Robb is dead and how he has new brothers now - Sam being one of them. I wonder if Sam will ever get back to the Wall. Aemon never will, for sure. He's way too old. Even if he makes the journey, he'll most likely die in Oldtown. But I think everyone already knows that. I think that was the whole point of sending him away.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments This has probably been brought up in previous discussions, but why can't they make more Valyrian steel?

message 10: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Brianna wrote: "This has probably been brought up in previous discussions, but why can't they make more Valyrian steel?"
Because they don't know how to. It is forged with spells that are now lost. There are other spells for reforging the steel - like what they did to Ice, they took old Valyrian steel and made new swords from it, and even those there are only a handful of smiths who know.

message 11: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Sam's journey to Oldtown seems promising, though. I wonder what am I missing here. Gilly seemed really upset...her upset has been shown for quite a few times. And when GRRM emphasizes something, we must pay attention must we not? hmm

message 12: by LENA (new) - rated it 4 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Siya wrote: "Sam's journey to Oldtown seems promising, though. I wonder what am I missing here. Gilly seemed really upset...her upset has been shown for quite a few times. And when GRRM emphasizes something, we..."

You are so right!! No matter how unimportant we do need to pay attention..

message 13: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
When we get to the end Of the series I'm sure it's going to be like remember that insignificant thing that happened 3 books ago? Yea well it's important now.

message 14: by LENA (new) - rated it 4 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Exactly!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.