Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 4. CERSEI I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 4. CERSEI I *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Did I misread something or miss something?

Was Shae in Tywin's bed? Were they sleeping together?

message 3: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
How crazy was that? I read it three times. I kept saying no that didn't just happen.

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Roseanne wrote: "How crazy was that? I read it three times. I kept saying no that didn't just happen."

Ok so I did read it correctly then. Yuck!

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: "Did I misread something or miss something?

Was Shae in Tywin's bed? Were they sleeping together?"

Yes, they were sleeping together.. Clearly he loved Tyrion so much he couldn't keep his hands off Shae.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments She dreamt she sat on the iron throne high above them all.

Hellooooo Cercei!! What a great line to open her first chapter in the books! I simply adore her. I can't wait to read more... Best villain of the series!

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments I was incredulous at the thought of looking at this mess through Cersei's eyes. I so was missing her POV!

I agree what a way to open her chapter and oh my God she gets testy at the tiniest of things (including Tyrion), I understand now why she hates Tyrion so much. He is the only one who understands what Cersei's next move will be, she's hated him from the time he stepped into this world. Or simply the fact that Cersei is paranoid for stupidest reasons makes me want roll my eyes every now and then.

While reading Dorne chapter I was thinking how come they don't know Tywin is dead, but it seems like that timeline is only starting. How fascinating that she didn't know initially who killed her father and that Jaime sort of mocked her or that she was the last one to be called upon her father's death.

message 8: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cersei is definitely the villan I love to hate.

message 9: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh I hate her so much. She is the best villain ever!

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments I find it interesting how she is proud to have tendencies of her father- "I am the only true son he ever had." but he never really acknowledged her as such. He seemed to look down on her (probably because she's a woman...)
I'm curious why Tywin had a whore if he was so against them? or did he just hide it from his family?
She seriously has a thing against Tyrion!

message 11: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

There has to be a reason she hates him so much. I want to know why

message 12: by LENA (new) - rated it 4 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Roseanne wrote: "There has to be a reason she hates him so much. I want to know why"

Apart from Tyrion being a dwarf and the belief that he killed Joff and the fact that he killed their father what more reason would she need to hate him??? It's Cercei. You cough she hangs you... LOL

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments LENA wrote: "It's Cercei. You cough she hangs you... LOL "

Hahahaha..

Btw she has always hated Tyrion from his birth because she believes he is the reason their mother died, besides the way they explain, Tyrion was way too ugly and just like Lena said, you cough she hangs you so her hating him for his looks is also one of the reasons.

Have you guys noticed that Tyrion plays dirty with Cersei, I mean Tywin definitely was ordering Cersei around but it's Tyrion who understands what Cersei is capable of, knowing that Cersei sees him as a threat against all her plans.

message 14: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I so hope out of nowhere there is some crazy story from their childhood that I have to read multiple times because its so unbelievable. I just love when GRRM makes me say no that didn't just happen.

message 15: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Ohhh interesting chapter. I thought her vile relationship withTyrion just happened because of all the terrible stuff since AGOT started but from this chapter it seemed to begin wayyyy before that. And the hatre was so much worse than I thought! It's like her hatre for Tyrion was implanted in the DNA or something. I wonder what hapened...And wth is this valonqar she kept referrin to.

And something about Jaime made me wonder...the guy's changed. He used to be Cersei's no.1 fan who believed she farted flowers did he not?

message 16: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Oh and Cersei sounded like a suppressed hardcore feminist born on a wrong century. She might be a Regina George of the pack but her voice was ignored all her life when it came to things that really matter. She simply trapped in this social expectation and norms on gender roles. Underestimated, underappreciated, no wonder her angst was this gigantic.

Basically, the Lannister twins could be a teen protagonist in any YA fiction ever (I did feel something similar about Jaime and the road to self-discovery in ASOS).

message 17: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Siya wrote: "Oh and Cersei sounded like a suppressed hardcore feminist born on a wrong century. She might be a Regina George of the pack but her voice was ignored all her life when it came to things that really..."

Yeah, but I still thinks that Cersei thinks to highly of herself and she's way too cruel to be a protagonist in anything. Intersting point of view, though. With this journey of self-discovery that Jaime is having, I sometimes forget how old he is. And I still can't get over the fact that Tyrion is the youngest of them all. He's had to grow up way too fast because of his being a dwarf.

message 18: by S (last edited Aug 09, 2016 07:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments OK guys for those who still couldn't get your head around why and how Shae found naked on Tywin's bed, I just found this thread:
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?...

Someone has mentioned this:

Remember the tunnel dug up into the whorehouse Tyrion uses to cover his tracks? Varys said it was dug by a Hand whose honor didn't permit him to visit publicly. Tywin Lannister was Hand to Aerys long enough. Truth be told, all he cares about is the perception of his house and honor, not the actuality of it. He has nothing against whores; he doesn't like that Tyrion brought her to the capital. where people would see.

Tywin you hypocrite duck.

#mindblowing

message 19: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Siya wrote: "OK guys for those who still couldn't get your head around why and how Shae found naked on Tywin's bed, I just found this thread:
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?......"

Oh. OH. Holy shit. Of course that makes sense. Martin would've never shared that information if it weren't relevant. (I think.) I love what they said about why it was Shae, that thing with Tywin envying Tyrion. But I'm not completely sure I buy it. Perhaps he hates him, because he blames him for his wife and because he's a dwarf (I somehow think if Tyrion wasn't a dwarf, Tywin wouldn't claim he's not his son), but then he sees that he's smarter and much more like him comapred to Cersei and Jaime, so that makes him hate him even more. I still don't understand why exactly Shae, though. Was it simply out of spite or was there really some jealousy there?

message 20: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yep that is very hypocritical.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Oooohh answers everything about Shae in his bed!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.