Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 3. THE CAPTAIN OF GUARDS *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 3. THE CAPTAIN OF GUARDS *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

I didn't really care for the House Martell / Dorne part of the tv show. I hear it is a lot better in the book. Let's see if it's true.

The Prince's gout sounds painful. He is in a lot of discomfort.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments I never paid too much attention to Prince Doran's condition during the show so there seems to be some new information for me here!

I don't understand though, was GRRM trying a new style of writing here, it felt like I am reading some sort of a filler or in-between-series book. I didn't normally like everyone's pov but to read it this way is turning out to be lot different and not so pleasant.

I see the next chapter is Cersei and the chapters in this one are awfully long.

Until this chapter, it still feels like reading prologue.

Not so much of interest in the chapter, but just the introduction of the 3 daughters.

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yes this book did seem a bit different than the rest right off the start. Even as I entered the thread names I was caught off guard. I was really anxious to start it because of that.

But keep going and familiar characters will surface.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments I find it interesting that he wants to show his loyalty when they don't even know Tywin is dead...

message 6: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments I'm half way through the chaper now and feel like dying. I get it that we've been hearin about Dorne and House Martell for ages so it is time to introduce them properly. The Sand Snakes are intriging enough but I'm yawning to death here. Please make it stahpppp.

message 7: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Siya wrote: "I'm half way through the chaper now and feel like dying. I get it that we've been hearin about Dorne and House Martell for ages so it is time to introduce them properly. The Sand Snakes are intrigi..."

Good job on catching up so quickly. Though I'd have to disappoint you by saying that this is probably the most boring of the ASoIaF books. And the chapters are super long, too... They're like... twice as long as in the previous books. But hey, at least it's shorter than ASoS and it does get better towards the end. I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

message 8: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Ok I went out to catch Pokemons and now it's better.

I kinda like Doran Martell. A pacifist and a devoted man. I cringed multiple times reading about his gouty joints. It's like I'm still stuck in a prologue or something BECAUSE NOTHING REALLY HAPPENED HERE. Anyway, the imprisonment will sure provoke a shitstorm afterward I can feel it.

Whew I didn't know Cersei's POV could be such a welcome sight!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.