Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 1. PROLOGUE *Discuss only the prologue

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 1. PROLOGUE
*Discuss only the prologue

message 2: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
Really? In the prologue? Even so half way through it I could figure out what was going to happen.

message 3: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Roseanne wrote: "Really? In the prologue? Even so half way through it I could figure out what was going to happen."

I couldn't. Lol

That was creepy man!

LENA TRAK | 221 comments The prologue confused me a lot. I had to read it twice.

For those of us who are watching the series (view spoiler)

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments So how does this go? There were quite a few things worth mentioning here:

The Oldtown Citadel is taller than the wall because you can look down the wall!

If I'm not wrong Jorah Mormont's wife was from Oldtown, the one whose story he told Dany that she left him because he couldn't fulfill her needs?

I didn't predict the alchemist, but when he showed Pate his face and Pate asked him who are you, he said "No one really" so that sort of made it obvious.

I'm assuming Pate died. How? The gold he bit? Why would someone want him to die. For people watching the show (view spoiler)

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Vishakha wrote: "So how does this go? There were quite a few things worth mentioning here:

The Oldtown Citadel is taller than the wall because you can look down the wall!

If I'm not wrong Jorah Mormont's wife was..."

Regarding the spoiler: Yes, I think so too. That must have been him. Which makes me so curious because we never saw that in the series and I suspect a major twist towards the end of the book.

message 7: by Ria (last edited Jul 13, 2016 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Well, I had to open LENA's spoiler to understand who he was, (view spoiler) <- I made that a spoiler to avoid spoiling LENA's spoiler, if that makes any sense :D But why??

I also think he died from the gold - some sort of poison most likely, though I'm curious how the Alchemist new he was going to bite it. It's possible that he didn't and had other ways to kill him as well, or perhaps that's not how he killed him at all.

The Citadel is so fascinating. Lazy Leo is an ass, but that archer... heh. I wouldn't mind throwing those apples for him. I want to know more about that maester they call the mastiff (forgot his name) and the dragonglass candle. (for ADwD, if I remember correctly, don't know about the show->)(view spoiler)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments Yeah, this prologue confused the heck out of me.

RE: the spoiler-> maybe? There's a lot of them so it could be someone who can do what he can do.

I wonder what's so important about this key.

message 9: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments FINALLY *whew!* I've been bingereadihg so hard trying to catch up with the obgoing AFFC bandwagon.

The prologue has an interesting insight to an everyday life at the Citadel. Took me a while to adjust though. I'm pretty sure I wasn't entirely awake til I saw "cressen" between the lines. I find referencing familiar characters really help in grabbing reader's attention.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.