Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Need fast Beta Readers.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Preston (last edited May 08, 2014 01:48PM) (new)

Preston Orrick (prestonorrick) | 27 comments Hello all, I currently have my first novel at 105,000 words and I need some pretty quick Beta Readers to go through it and do whatever you usually do ie spelling, content edits or whatever else you see while you read it. Ideally, I would like the edits back by June 15. Let me know, I've posted the description below along with the cover:

"Ben and Hector, two ex-scientists of a private weapons development company, have created a virtual reality facility hidden underground somewhere in Nevada. Unwitting teenagers are used as pawns in profitable simulations broadcast live to a carefully selected clientele.

These teenagers are repeatedly drugged, leaving them with no memory of the simulation. Over time, the drug causes side effects, leading to violent behavior. Local authorities intervene when the behavior spreads to a concerning number.

Ben and Hector will do anything to keep the simulations running."

message 2: by Lin (new)

Lin | 213 comments Mod
That's a pretty big novel for a fast turnaround - and please don't expect beta readers to proofread or edit for you!

message 3: by Preston (last edited May 08, 2014 04:40PM) (new)

Preston Orrick (prestonorrick) | 27 comments I have 3 thus far. And I'm seeing plenty of Beta's who are doing novels as big or bigger than mine. Mine seems to be the black sheep right now.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Mcroberts | 28 comments When you need a reviewer, let me know, but there's no way that I can commit to that turn-around.

I will generally work with editing and spelling, but it takes longer and there is a price attached to something that in-depth, usually.

Best of luck moving toward publication!