Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Review Requests > Review Request for YA Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bryant (new)

Bryant Reil | 7 comments I am looking to build up my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. I have sent requests to many blogs and am looking for other forums, so this seemed a logical choice! I was fortunate enough to have Piers Anthony review my book and feature it in his Mayhem 2016 newsletter, which to this point is the peak of my writing career.

My book is called 'Elf Mastery' and follows an elf girl named Kyla Nim who seeks to find her place in the world of Order. This is our world, but unbeknownst to us, what we call science is the work of magical creatures. Stone creatures spin the earth by pushing a great wheel at its center; air spirits carry the wind; nymphs and elves design and care for the plants and animals, etc. As Kyla seeks for her role in all this, she comes across a plot by Erebus, god of Darkness, who wishes to bathe the earth in eternal night.

The book is currently available as an ebook on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Elf-Mastery-Br...)
I can provide the pdf for review if you wish. In addition, I am currently proofing the paperback and ordered extra proofs for the purpose of reviews. If you are willing to send your mailing information to me (bryantreil@hotmail.com) I will be happy to send a hard copy while supplies last!

Bryant Reil

message 2: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejdivitt) | 7 comments If I may be so bold:
If Piers Anthony had commented on my book that would be at the top of my blurb on Amazon in bold.

Read the story Piers Anthony called, "one wild adventure with unusual twists".

message 3: by Bryant (new)

Bryant Reil | 7 comments E.J. wrote: "If I may be so bold:
If Piers Anthony had commented on my book that would be at the top of my blurb on Amazon in bold.

Read the story Piers Anthony called, "one wild adventure with unusual twists"."

Good call. I added it to the Editorial reviews section but I don't think anyone look sat that.

message 4: by E.J. (last edited Jun 10, 2016 06:50PM) (new)

E.J. (ejdivitt) | 7 comments Bryant wrote: "E.J. wrote: "If I may be so bold:

Read the story Piers Anthony called, "one wild adventure with u..."

Most people don't read past the blurb unless they are already predisposed to read it. Grab them quick! Put it in bold right at the top of the blurb.

message 5: by Alice (new)

Alice (goodreadscomalicerene) | 23 comments I don't care what your name is, but if you'd like to review a historic, suspense, romance, novel, inspired by true events, let me know. It has just won an IPPY AWARD, a Bronze Medal in Regional Fiction.
"The Other Side of Him"

message 6: by Bryant (new)

Bryant Reil | 7 comments E.J. wrote: "Bryant wrote: "E.J. wrote: "If I may be so bold:

Read the story Piers Anthony called, "one wild a..."

Added! Wish I had thought of that some time ago.

message 7: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejdivitt) | 7 comments Cool. Since I'm already being a bold buttinsky, I'd say don't be afraid to actually put it in bold print. A lot of traditional authors have bold print statements at the top of their blurbs. If you aren't familiar with the html, you can look it up here or send me a direct message. http://www.tizag.com/htmlT/htmlbold.php

message 8: by Bryant (new)

Bryant Reil | 7 comments E.J. wrote: "Cool. Since I'm already being a bold buttinsky, I'd say don't be afraid to actually put it in bold print. A lot of traditional authors have bold print statements at the top of their blurbs. If you ..."
Actually I just couldn't figure out how to bold it and was too embarrassed to admit it. Will look into it later.