Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Design Disaster (Chloe by Design #5)
This topic is about Design Disaster
Serieses! > Book #s : Chloe by Design series

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 698 comments Chloe by Design series

The first few books (and first collection) in the list seem fine. The only possible issue I found was that you can't actually see the book number while in the book record, which is a bit annoying.

Book five and up, though, need a little work.
First, none of them have the book numbers in the list, so you don't know by looking what order they're in.
. The order, from what I've found looking, seems to be: #5 ‘Design Disaster’, #6 ‘Intern Ambition,’ #7 ‘Runway Rundown,’ and #8 '‘Fashion Week Finale’.

Second, is 'Balancing Act' - this is the second collection of novels in the series and contains books #5-8. This info is also missing from the series page so far.

There is also a record for 'Chloe by Design' which according to the publisher page are actually different box sets.
The entry with ISBN 9781496519955 is a set of books #5-8, while ISBN 9781496519962 is the entire series, #1-8. I can't find any decent info for the 3rd ISBN, 9781496532800, but if I had to guess it was probably a set of the first four books, now under the ISBN 9781434293794.
I don't know what the usual procedure is for box sets, but a note should probably be made in the record, at least.

When anyone has a moment, can you please go into the record and add the book numbers (as well as make any other changes you feel relevant)?

Thanks!

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Done, You should have been able to see the book # on the book detail page, since it was part of the series, would have just been in grey.

I re-titled all the books. Fixed the orders. Separated the sets and combined the 5-8 with Balancing act since it is 5-8. Also found 3 other books in the series, that have not been published.

I am guessing that due to those other 3 and total page count on the edition you could not find much info on, is that it is the full complete series of books 1-11, but will just leave the generic title for now.

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 698 comments You should have been able to see the book # on the book detail page, since it was part of the series, would have just been in grey.
Maybe I was got mixed up with the ones that didn't have a number added? Sorry!

Thanks for all the help, Philip!