Young Writers discussion

Writing Help/Advice/Discussion > Writing Tutorial Topics?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) | 955 comments Hi, all! I hope everyone is doing well; I've missed a lot on here. :/ (School's a doozy, but I'm finally free for the summer! Yaaaay!)

So, on my blog, I'm thinking of having a series of posts in which I share my experiences of certain teenage/high school events (homecoming, prom, first love, etc.) for the sake of writing research. The primary objective of doing this would be to help writers of YA fiction write these experiences realistically in their own novels, instead of relying on other books which contain these experiences. (And we all know a lot of those aren't realistic.) Obviously everyone's experiences are different, but I hope that by sharing mine, I can help other writers depict certain scenarios as realistically as possible.

The only problem I'm having right now is I don't have very many topics to write about. So I was just wondering: Are there any experiences you guys would like to see me write about/some insight on? Any and all suggestions are appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (goodreadscomgracer) | 7 comments What a cool idea! I use Wordpress too. Your site looks nice!

I would suggest a mix of things relating to family. Good moments, bad, milestones.