What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Wind in Cairo
This topic is about A Wind in Cairo
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA book (I think) Snobby boy turned into horse [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Jun 10, 2016 03:55AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I'm not sure how long ago I read this, maybe around 20 or a bit longer years ago. I think it was a newish book, but not positive about that. I don't remember the cover a all.

I'm pretty sure this was aimed at the YA audience, but it could have been for adults.

All I remember is that there was a boy, perhaps a prince, definitely rather snobby or not nice to people who were servants. He is turned into a horse, perhaps for a lesson, but I'm not sure.

A girl, perhaps one of his servants from before takes very good care of him and he sees things from a different point of view.

I think he was turned into a very fine horse, and acted badly for a long time because he didn't really want to be a horse very much.

The setting might have been desert. Pretty sure it was in a different world. Perhaps a fantasy Arabic type culture?

I'm pretty sure this was a novel, so there must have been more story, but I can't remember the plot. Pretty sure he gets turned back in the end and is nicer.

message 3: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Tassoff | 135 comments Might be The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey. The story line you described was a major plot point.

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Thanks for the fast responses. Lisa I think that's probably it. Thank you for the try Jeremy.

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments Shanna_redwind wrote: "Thanks for the fast responses. Lisa I think that's probably it. Thank you for the try Jeremy."
Great, looks like a good story.