GoodReads' First Readers discussion

First Reads Discussions > Search tags in Giveaways not working

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary (thepearlwolf) | 18 comments Does anyone else have an issue with the "search for a tag" feature in giveaways? No matter what I type in the search for a tag box, I get "Sorry, it looks like there are no active book giveaways. " I can click on one of the listed tags on the right side and view results, but if I click "more" to see more tags, any tags I click on, I also get the sorry, no results message, even though all the tags I'm clicking on have a number in parenthesis showing how many books are available under that tag.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (oddandbookish) Mary wrote: "Does anyone else have an issue with the "search for a tag" feature in giveaways? No matter what I type in the search for a tag box, I get "Sorry, it looks like there are no active book giveaways. "..."

I've been getting those messages a lot lately too.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary (thepearlwolf) | 18 comments Yup, the search function on giveaways appears to be broken.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (thepearlwolf) | 18 comments Just wanted to update this thread. I heard back from Goodreads. The old tags have been retired. You can still search by genre using the browse by tag box, but there are considerably less genres than their were tags so you can no longer search for specific types of novels any longer, like dystopian or apocalyptic fiction.