Support for Indie Authors discussion

Crest and Shield: An ORDER Mini
This topic is about Crest and Shield
Archived Workshop No New Posts > 1st cover to new series;Crest and Shield

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorsey (last edited Jun 10, 2016 08:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Cover for the first book in new series and potential banner.

http://dorseyjackson.com/wp-content/u...

message 2: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4310 comments Mod
That's fantastic, Dorsey!

message 3: by John Hooker (new)

John Hooker | 90 comments Great artwork! Colours are terrific, too.

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Thanks guys. I did it all myself this time.

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 629 comments Oooh, Dorsey! Totally outside of my realm but I think you did a pretty amazing job!! I dig the banner even more than the cover, actually. It has waaaaay more than "potential" ;-)

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Annie wrote: "Oooh, Dorsey! Totally outside of my realm but I think you did a pretty amazing job!! I dig the banner even more than the cover, actually. It has waaaaay more than "potential" ;-)"

Thanks Annie, glad it caught your attention.

message 7: by L.W. (new)

L.W. Tichy (lwtichy) | 19 comments That's great! It really draws you in, and makes you wonder what it's about.

message 8: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 629 comments Oh, I totally forgot to say, heh, I have one teensy weensy beef with the lettering for the title. But you totally didn't ask...so...I dunno if you wanna know...? *grins sheepishly*

Begs forgiveness for stepping outta line,
Ann

message 9: by Dorsey (last edited Jun 11, 2016 01:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Annie wrote: "Oh, I totally forgot to say, heh, I have one teensy weensy beef with the lettering for the title. But you totally didn't ask...so...I dunno if you wanna know...? *grins sheepishly*

Begs forgivenes..."

Of course. Any feedback will be helpful.

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments L.W. wrote: "That's great! It really draws you in, and makes you wonder what it's about."

Anything you would make better?

message 11: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 629 comments Dorsey wrote: "Of course. Any feedback will be helpful.."

Oh, yay! I'm a firm believer in the whole "Unasked for advice is criticism" bit...

But anyhoo, I dig the font a lot (though I'm no expert on the genre) but I would personally kern the T and a in "CREST" and "and", respectively. I bet no one else would even notice but I have this obsession with consistent spacing, so "and" looks off center to me. Like, it appears closer to "SHIELD", if that makes any sense? Aiya, I'm sooo bad at explaining stuff hahahaha.

Okay, thanks for letting me get that off my chest, good sir :) Again, stellar work!!

Hugs,
Ann

message 12: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1103 comments Nice cover! I like it! The only question I had is about the word 'mini.' Everything feels big/epic, the title, the picture, but the word 'mini' seems a slight contradiction. That said, no one may even notice it. Nice job!

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments M.L. wrote: "Nice cover! I like it! The only question I had is about the word 'mini.' Everything feels big/epic, the title, the picture, but the word 'mini' seems a slight contradiction. That said, no one may e..."

Thanks. I see your point of view. The word mini refers to the length of the book.This is part of several short books I call mini's. They are all part of a bigger series. I hope it doesn't confuse anyone else.

message 14: by Michele (new)

Michele | 11 comments Very nice!