♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Bookish Talks > How to get out of a reading slump:)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 61 comments We all dread those reading slumps but they happen. when they happen how do you get out of them??

Help other bookworms get out of their reading slump!!!

message 2: by Aniket (new)

Aniket (aniketbarik) | 162 comments After I fall into a reading slump, I read about books on internet, see what's hot in the world of books and I also check out what others are reading. This makes me miss my books.
After that I pick up one of my favorite books. And when I read it again, I already know that I am gonna love it! And there's this sense of familiarity like an old friend, if you know what I mean.
That seems to do the trick most of the times.

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 61 comments Awesome ideas I tend to watch a lot of book tube which makes me miss books

message 4: by Sucheta (new)

Sucheta (suchetabiswas) I browse through book blogs, check some reviews, try and read one page a day. :)

~~Poulomi Sylphrena Tonk$~~ | 1579 comments I think short stories do wonders when you try coming out of a slump. The problem with a slump is that you feel like the book at hand is never gonna end. When interrupted by short stories or any light books as such, they help a great deal.
I, for one, fall prey to such slumps often. So I read light short stories to come out of them. Sometimes, I take the help of romance genre to get out of them, that being my forte. :)
Also once you are out of such a slump, slow steps are necessary, IMO. One should never jump to huge books too suddenly just after getting rid of a slump. Gradually increase your limits, and you will accomplish more.

Hope that helps. :)