Writing Prompts and Exercises discussion

Writing Prompts > Some prompt/dialogue ideas

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathrine (last edited Jun 08, 2016 07:36PM) (new)

Cathrine | 7 comments you live in a world where on everyone's Xth birthday they get a superpower. you eagerly count down the seconds to yours, then scream in horror as you're given the one power no one wants to be sealed with, or you don't get a power at all. (if there is a power, what is it and how do you deal with it?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
~start writing a scene with the beginning line: "Where did you get/find that?"
~start writing a scene with the beginning line: "He waited for her."
~start writing a scene with the beginning line: "there were 3 of them."
~start writing a scene with the beginning line: "every strategy of hell is exposed and brought to light."
~start writing a scene with the beginning line: " 'No, no, no,' she sputtered out, 'that wont be necessary.' "
~start writing a scene with the beginning line: "She shrugs and opens the box, sighing as she says, "well, it was nice while it lasted.""

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 10 comments Mod
Can I suggest that you give the first prompt it's own topic?

message 3: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine | 7 comments Ok

Thanks!

She shrugs and opens the box, sighing as she says, "Well, it was nice while it lasted."
I watched as Riley slipped a photograph of her posing with a tall red head boy into the battered cardboard box. I caught a glimpse of many similar photos in the box; they all depicted Riley, in a small variety of poses, with a different guy.
"Another break up, another photo," Riley tried to laugh, but I could see the tears forming in her eyes.
I wanted to tell her everything would be alright, that time heals all wounds, that she was better than that guy anyways, but I knew she didn't want to hear any of that.
"It is okay to cry. You know that, right?"
Riley nodded and the tears began to fall down her face. I held out my arms and she curled up, placing her head in my lap. I stroked her brown hair, picking out her blonde highlights as a way to focus my attention. The only thing Riley seemed to want in life was her happily ever after with Prince Charming; her story, however, included plenty of plot twists that started with "unfortunately" and more paupers than princes.

((Okay, I know I'm not finished with my story, but I have to leave. I'll come back and edit it with the rest later))