THE Group for Authors! discussion

Publishing and Promoting > Seeking Authors for Fall Event

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments A live radio broadcast in late Sept/early Oct. has us whipping up several giftie type bags for a drawing, raffle, giveaway. The event has to do with celebrating the B&B, Inn-dustry, lodging and incorporating a film theme as well. Details are being worked and at this time, we expect to sell tickets for one of the luxe gift basket(s) for a nominal donation or fee to defray costs of the event. Any monies remaining will help to hire talent for a film project. All teen and adult genres welcomed. If you are interested in donating a new book to the event, we'd love to have it. Signed would even be nicer! And of course, You will get credit for your generosity. Contact me here and I'll offer more details. Thank you.

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Quire I'm very interested.

message 3: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Cronin | 111 comments Tina, I'm interested and we share a love of chocolate, too!

message 4: by Inna (new)

Inna Hardison (innahardison) | 14 comments Tina, I'm very interested. My book is a YA novel. Let me know what you'd need from me please.

message 5: by Lenita (new)

Lenita Sheridan | 104 comments I'm interested. Let me know if you need any swag as well. I have some stylus pens to give away.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Tina,

I'd be honored to donate a signed copy of my YA novel, The Whispering of Trees.

Thanks!

message 7: by Jan (new)

Jan Notzon | 212 comments I'd be happy to. Mine is literary fiction.

message 8: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 223 comments Hi Tina,

I am interested in donating a book for your event. I write historical fiction (1915 America). Thank you!

message 9: by Lena (new)

Lena Pate (lena_m_pate) | 2 comments I would love to donate one of mine. It is a YA fantasy novel that should be out in about 2-3 weeks. Let me know how to send it to you.

Lena

message 10: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Lentz (kalentz) | 2 comments Sounds interesting, count me in! (epic fantasy)

message 11: by P.G. (new)

P.G. Lengsfelder | 27 comments Sure, let me know. Beautiful to the Bone is literary fiction, women's fiction, psychological suspense & mystery.
PG

message 12: by Pupola (new)

Pupola Pupola | 2 comments i am in. YA science fiction novel.

Pupola

message 13: by Sharron (new)

Sharron Andrades (sharron_andrades) | 9 comments Good morning,
I am intrigued and would like to have more information please.
I am a fantasy writer, "Aborinth: Tears of Ascension" I am willing to donate a signed copy of the first book in the trilogy.

Sharron

message 14: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Loofbourrow (pattyloof) I'd be willing to donate a signed paperback copy of The Jacq of Spades - I got my inspiration for the book series from film noir. :)

Please message me with the details.

message 15: by H.A. (new)

H.A. Raynes (haraynes) | 10 comments Hi Patricia,

Happy to donate my novel, Nation of Enemies, A Thriller (signed of course) if you're interested!

Thanks!
Holly

Nation of Enemies A Thriller by H.A. Raynes

message 16: by Kennet (new)

Kennet Brown (httpwwwgoodreadskb) | 5 comments I wouldn't mind donating my cookbook, is it the kind of books you are looking fo

message 17: by Danny (new)

Danny Johnson | 41 comments more than happy to donate a signed copy of The Last Road Home...wish you success

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Ryan | 9 comments Happy to donate a signed copy of my New Adult romance, This Piece of My Heart, if it fits your needs.

message 19: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Merrill (goodreadscomtamaramerrill) I'd be happy to send a signed copy of one of my Augustus Trilogy books - just let me knw when and where.

message 20: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Lazos (goodreadscompjlazos) | 15 comments I have an environmental murder mystery, "Oil and Water." The market is YA up through adult. Happy to donate a signed copy.

message 21: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Lynch | 14 comments I'm interested as well! I'd be happy to donate a signed copy of my first book in its trilogy- Bye For Now.

message 22: by S.Q. (new)

S.Q. Orpin (sqorpin) | 20 comments I would be happy to donate a signed Catwalk, Dream from my six-part contemporary romance.

message 23: by Evalyn (new)

Evalyn (eviejoy) | 4 comments I would be happy to donate a signed copy of one of my books. Let me know when and where and which one you prefer. Most are Literary fiction, but a couple of them are in the Suspense/Mystery category.

message 24: by Glenna (new)

Glenna Mason | 4 comments What is the link to be involved? Please e-mail it to me along with details to Glenna Mason at masonjar@twc.com. Thanks

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wayman (lisa_m_wayman) | 3 comments I'm interested in donating a signed copy of my book 'Longing for Home' which is historical fiction.

message 26: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Crimmel (jeffreyrcrimmelcom) | 43 comments Brain Bleed and the sequel, Ian's Revenge: Payback would be available. Murder mystery are always hot topics.

message 27: by June (new)

June Ahern (juneahern) | 78 comments I would happily donate a signed copy or two of my novel, "The Skye in June".
The Skye in June

message 28: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Wow, you guys...and gals are great. So generous, thank you!! Most authors and creative types are. ;-) Well, I'm waiting to hear from venue inn but radio interviewer pretty much confirmed he's on board. I will be opening a P.O. Box soon to handle event mail and will post that ASA I'm able. All will be distributed wisely so no offering goes unappreciated or wasted. Will post more soon. Thanks again. ;-)

message 29: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Just catching up but yes, books, swag, giftie thingies are all welcomed! I'm not able to answer individually at this time but I'll try to get a decent link up here soon. Amazing amount of work to be done and post, writing, call and waiting seems to be the thing I'm doing most. lol More soon. ;-)

message 30: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Lynch | 14 comments I'm interested if you need more books

message 31: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments You lot have given me an idea. Maybe do a book lover's bag or basket. I'm getting commitments for a few logo'd mugs and such. Those items would make for sweet offerings. ;-)

message 32: by Nancy (last edited Jun 27, 2016 09:59PM) (new)

Nancy Glynn (nancyglynn) Would love to donate a signed copy of my book, And Never Let Her Go: A Town of Destiny Novel. Sounds like an awesome event!

message 33: by Travis (new)

Travis Croken (travis_j_croken) | 1 comments I would also be interested in donating a signed book. Please let me know more details.

message 34: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Thanks everyone. I'll let you know when the postal arrangements are locked down and your wonderful labors of love can head our way. I know how much love, sweat and yes, tears have gone into your projects. I've gone through the same twice and then there were the full length screenplays. I do know what you've put into the effort. On a move to give back a little, there's a fab site where authors, readers, fans can pretend cast the characters in their books. It's fun to see who readers say should act in roles. Gives writers an idea of how your characters look to your audience. Let me get the right link and return and post it here. Just off in the slightest sends you elsewhere. Give me a bit and I'll return to post it.

message 35: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Before I post link, I remind everyone to guard your projects, books with adequate copyright protection. This site seems to be above board and legit but the usual disclaimers apply here and anywhere you may roam. Protect your material. ;-)

Anyway, the fun site is at: www.TheBookcaster.com Not sure of caps or lower case but it should all work. Enjoy.

message 36: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Glynn (nancyglynn) Tina wrote: "Before I post link, I remind everyone to guard your projects, books with adequate copyright protection. This site seems to be above board and legit but the usual disclaimers apply here and anywhere..."

Oh, this looks fun! I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

message 37: by K. (new)

K. Kidd | 2 comments Tina, if you need more books I would be happy to donate a signed copy of my book, "A Rose for Sergei." It sounds like a wonderful event!

message 38: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Yeah, the Bookcaster site is fun. Enjoy.

Still waiting (and waiting lol) for venue to confirm us then I can open that PO Box. Then I can start accepting offerings. I'm finding a lot of hurry up and wait instances while planning . Guess it's just part of the pkg. Will update ASAP.

Thanks for the interest and generosity, Biblio Bunch. Appreciate it!

message 39: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Merrill (goodreadscomtamaramerrill) This site - The BookCaster.com - is really fun. Thanks for sharing, Tina. Although I admit, it is another great way to fool around when I should be writing.

message 40: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Venetta (DianneVenetta) | 1 comments Sounds fun! I'd love to donate books are garden goodies if you need anything. :-)

message 41: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments It is a fun place and a guilty pleasure.

Thank you, Dianne. It's all welcomed!

Still trying to get venue to confirm. If it's a no I'm going to see about the radio guy conducting in his studios. Will still get out over the airwaves and live stream then I believe there's a C&P option to post to a web site or the like. Waiting, waiting.

message 42: by Tina (last edited Jun 30, 2016 11:42AM) (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Tamara and all, another fine site is bestsellersworld.com run by biblio bud, Nancy. Say "Hi!" to Nancy if you go. She's an author's BF and gets around the reading and writing world. Last I knew she had an interview service. Reviewer reads books and...you'll see if you peek in. (Small charge for the service). I had mine done a few years back and was able to use it in many areas and posts. Again, no endorsement necessarily but just another way to get book out in front of an audience. It all seems to help. Note: this isn't meant to replace Goodreads. Just another place to visit. To encourage. Best wishes!!

Tamara wrote: "This site - The BookCaster.com - is really fun. Thanks for sharing, Tina. Although I admit, it is another great way to fool around when I should be writing."

message 43: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Hurry up and wait...is what I'm doing much of lately. :-/ Still waiting for venue to confirm so I've suggested to my fellow planner that we just take it inside the studio. He thought to reach out to other venues. So, I should know more by weekend's end or Mon. Sorry to keep things on hold but I'm at the mercy of others. ASA I know more, I can decide whether to open PO Box or not. Would hate to go into more expense if not necessary. Will let you know ASA I know more. Thanks for your patience.

message 44: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Hi authors! Things seem to totally close down for holiday weekends but we're back on track with planning. Venue is still not confirming but another one is stepping up for us. So, we're still on for the book donations. Just hold onto them 'til I'm totally sure we've confirm on 2nd choice venue. Thanks!

message 45: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Glynn (nancyglynn) Tina wrote: "Hi authors! Things seem to totally close down for holiday weekends but we're back on track with planning. Venue is still not confirming but another one is stepping up for us. So, we're still on for..."

Sounds good!

message 46: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Thanks, Nancy!

Nancy wrote: "Tina wrote: "Hi authors! Things seem to totally close down for holiday weekends but we're back on track with planning. Venue is still not confirming but another one is stepping up for us. So, we're..."

message 47: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Met with Small Business person as I needed to check some legal things re: giveaways & such. Update is that I won't be able to sell raffle tickets as I'd have to file sales tax on earned money (even though it'd go to defray cost of event) and would need license, permit etc. I can do a free giveaway which is what I'd be doing with your donated books. (Can do crowd funding but so far that hasn't been very lucrative. I'm just not good at asking for $). I also need to make it known that I wouldn't be promising anything but to gift your books in good will gesture to help celebrate B&B, Inn Day where that would be putting authors' name, title out and book in hands of prize winner(s) hoping to offer a bit of promo. And hopefully, radio broadcast will go as planned, we'd mention your name(s) on air. I believe it streams so a link to airing should C&P and work on your website, e-mails, e-promo stuff. It's also fun to hear your name mentioned. (That is what I am planning). I won't be reading the books as I've my own to get out along with yours.

Above event is in planning stages and not etched in stone yet. Just want to make that clear as not to mislead anyone. Whatever you authors do in your career, always be sure to cover yourself. Will save a lot of heartache later. ;-)

As the costs are large, we are moving the event indoors to the studio rather than outdoors at a venue. Would need large insurance policy if I kept it at latter. Lot to the simple act of hosting an event. They don't make it easy for small businesses. :-/

I'll let you know how it goes and if it does. I'm hoping so. Thanks for your patience.

message 48: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Cronin | 111 comments Thanks for keeping us posted. Very considerate of you. Hang in there!

message 49: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 20 comments Yeah, thanks, Sheila. Best laid plans of mice and men...not exactly what I planned and hoped for but it can still be good. Thanks for the thumbs up. We authors can use that now and then.

What do you write, Sheila? I'm cozies, Mystery/comedy type fare.

Nice to meet you, Sheila!

message 50: by Lena (new)

Lena Pate (lena_m_pate) | 2 comments Still sounds wonderful. Thanks for the update and all the effort you are putting out. I have my books now so ready to send when you need them.

« previous 1