Lincoln Parish Library discussion

Reading Challenges > June 2016 Reading Challenge: In it for the long haul!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments It is now my favorite time of year….Summer Reading Time! (Literally, my favorite time of the year)

If you’ve already signed up at the kick off, awesome! But if not, don’t worry, stop by the Information Kiosk and we’ll get you set up. (You get prizes for reading, of course you want to sign up!)

For our challenge this month, we’re going to take one directly from the game board and read any book over 500 pages. Once you find the right tome, you’ll fly through the pages.

I’m using this challenge as a good time to do a reread. If you follow our staff recommendations, you’ll see that this month I’m recommending Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye, a very loose retelling of Jane Eyre. So this month, I’m going to go back and reread Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, totaling 507 pages.

What are you reading?

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinhawkins) | 12 comments I'm actually reading two books that are over 500 pages.

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Daemon by Daniel Suarez

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments I decided to read Ben Hur which autocorrect keeps changing to a new title.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Kathy wrote: "I decided to read Ben Hur which autocorrect keeps changing to a new title. "

That darn autocorrect!

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Mallet (lmallet) | 20 comments Hi Rebecca
I've already completed that challenge from the game board on 5/27 Natchez Burning 800 pages. I'll see if I can find another biggie that won't hurt my eyes. It's hard for me to put a book down once i start, hence the eye strain. All the ones I'm thinking about are over 800 pgs . Anybody have suggestions on a 500 pg murder/mystery.

message 6: by Linda (last edited Jun 22, 2016 12:26PM) (new)

Linda Mallet (lmallet) | 20 comments I found one The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey 560 pages

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 215 comments Linda wrote: "I found one The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey 560 pages"

That sounds good! I was thinking on suggestions for you and was thinking perhaps Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood.