Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Historical Fiction > indieB.R.A.G. Medallion for KHAMSIN

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge (new)

Inge Borg (goodreadscominge_h_borg) | 48 comments Just have to "brag" a little:My novel about ancient Egypt just received the coveted indieB.R.A.G. Medallion for excellence in writing.

The book had previously been shortlisted by the Historical Novel Society for the 2014 Indie Award. (Didn't win, but still, to be among the eight shortlisters out of the heap of submissions was grand).

Khamsin The Devil Wind of the Nile by Inge H. Borg Inge H. Borg

Khamsin is Book 1 of the 5-Book "Legends of the Winged Scarab" series.

message 2: by Loretta (last edited Jun 08, 2016 02:21PM) (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 134 comments Inge wrote: "Just have to "brag" a little:My novel about ancient Egypt just received the coveted indieB.R.A.G. Medallion for excellence in writing.

The book had previously been shortlisted by the Historical No..."

Well done, Inge. (You probably recognise me, I'm one of the other eight shortlisters, :-) ). That's awesome.
Does it make much if a difference to sale figures? I'm toying with the idea of submitting, but I'm not sure if my cover is good enough.

message 3: by Inge (last edited Jun 16, 2016 03:43PM) (new)

Inge Borg (goodreadscominge_h_borg) | 48 comments Hi, Loretta.
And congratulations to you, too, for being shortlisted by the HNS for the 2016 Indie Award.

As to your questions:
1) I think the B.R.A.G. reviewers look more intently at content rather than the cover (which, by the way, is interesting I thought, with fleeting time portrayed as you did).

2) So far, sales have not been impacted; on the contrary, I think June/July (hot weather) is a real deterrent to reading the "heavier" books we write.
But there will be follow-on interviews, etc.

So, I'd say, for perhaps one book of a series, yes, it's definitely a feather in one's cap to have the Medallion; and the people running the organization are really supportive.

Also, I'd love to highlight "Out of Time" on my blog; PM me here but you also have my eMail from the A-Z Challenge we did with Helen.