The Book Was Better discussion

Kiera Cass
This topic is about Kiera Cass
BOOKS ON SCREEN > THE SELECTION SERIES

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 10 comments First of all... I LOVE THIS SERIES! Kiera Cass is such a good writer! It feels as if we get to be in America Singer's shoes experiencing everything for ourselves! Who else has read/loved this series?

message 2: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Vackova (loveria) | 7 comments I feel bad for being able to only read the first 2 books.. I got so fed up with America, I couldn't continue on reading the series. Yes, it's ignorant from my side, but I just couldn't.

message 3: by Nele (new)

Nele (neltjuhv) | 5 comments Hi! I absolutely loved the series, more than I expected to.
I got fed up with America at some points too, but I had to find out what happened anyway. I listened to the first 2 books on audio, which made me love the series even more.

message 4: by Kay (new)

Kay | 3 comments I loved the first two Selection books (I am having a bit of trouble finishing the third), and while I did get fed up with America at some points, I tried to focus on the good points. Like every good love triangle, there needs to be drama. You all said that you got fed up with America as well, how do you think that the author could have bettered America as a character?

message 5: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 10 comments I think that it was hard to go from The Elite to The One, because the main excuse America had the whole time was that she needed more time. Then again, haven't we all used that excuse at one point or another in our lives? I think it perfectly captures life and the real frustrations and joys of it.

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannonquotesbooks) | 2 comments Was this book made into a tv series or movie or anything that you know of?

message 7: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 10 comments Shannon wrote: "Was this book made into a tv series or movie or anything that you know of?"

It hasn't been made into any of those yet, but I know they're working on the production of it at the moment.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannonquotesbooks) | 2 comments Izzy wrote: It hasn't been made into any of those yet, but I know they're working on the production of it at the mom..."

Gotchya. I'd be curious to see how it's done!

message 9: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 10 comments Shannon wrote: "Izzy wrote: It hasn't been made into any of those yet, but I know they're working on the production of it at the mom..."

Gotchya. I'd be curious to see how it's done!"

I know! I really hope that America and Maxon and everyone look the same as I picture them!

message 10: by Sofie (new)

Sofie I really love this series!
But I live in the Netherlands and they did not translate "Happily Ever After" to Dutch, they made it two books (The Queen & The Favourite and The Prince & The Guard) so the bonuscontent wasn't there. I bought the book in English so that I also have the bonuscontent :)

(Sorry if my English is bad)

message 11: by Mina (new)

Mina (mina_joy) | 5 comments I love this Series! The original selection series was great! My only feeling of disappointment is that after the one, I feel that Mazon's and America's relationship is too much of a fairy tale. I feel that wouldn't actually happen. But after reading the short stories that Kiera Cass has written like The Queen & The Favourite and The Prince & The Guard, and especially After the One, that helped me clear that problem up. I love the Heir and the crown series though. I would totally be Eadyln.

message 12: by Anika (last edited Sep 06, 2016 02:30AM) (new)

Anika Lammers (anika0602) | 5 comments SPOLIER !!!!!!

Did anyone else REALLY wanted Kile and Eadlyn to get married and then when she turns down the proposal - UGHH. i was so annoyed

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael Houle | 24 comments Anika wrote: "Did anyone else REALLY wanted Kile and Eadlyn to get married and then when she turns down the proposal - UGHH. i was so annoyed"
Sorry to mention it, but isn't this a spoiler that should be hidden?

message 14: by Helena (new)

Helena carvajal | 1 comments I love this series!!! But a haven't read the crown because I haven't found it in costa rica... Normally if I really like a book, I'll read it in one week or so... I read the 4 first books in two weeks