2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Last Mile > Question U

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Do you think Melvin and Decker will maintain their friendship? What do you think of Melvin's decision to support Tommy Montgomery? After everything that happened to him, why do you think he came out okay?

message 2: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I think they will continue to be active friends. I liked that Melvin saw the niche where he could fit in and help another orphaned football player.

He came out OK because he maintained his own self respect under inhumane and violent conditions. His football training, as the book portrays the mindset, was his way of handling adversity and trying to go forward as an innocent himself.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
LOVED that he is going to support Tommy and I think this is just the healing they both need.

I think Mars and Decker's hug was so awesome! I think they will remain friends. This just might be me wishing but I think Mars will return in another book.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
I think they'll remain friends because both found the relationship precious. Decker counted that moment where Melvin considered him his best friend as one of the top four moments in his life. Melvin owes his life to Decker. They need each other.

I think Melvin will be whole because he's committed to creating a new life...his old one was a myth. He and Tommy have a common bond for life and this will be a great starting point for them both.

I would LOVE to see Mars in a future book!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Jonetta wrote: "I think they'll remain friends because both found the relationship precious. Decker counted that moment where Melvin considered him his best friend as one of the top four moments in his life. Melvi..."

I am deluding myself into thinking he will just because of Decker saying to him that he was great at helping them solve the case.