2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Last Mile > Question O

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Why did you think Lisa Davenport was abducted? Did you have a clue as to who was behind this?

message 2: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I had no idea. I was certain very bad people took her, but I didn't know to what purpose. I'm still not sure how the police chief thought she would be useful as a hostage. The later topic of Mars being hypnotized might have been in the lawyer's mind as a suggestion why to kidnap her, but she didn't seem to actually have that motive. I'm curious to see what others think on this issue.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Actually, they abducted her so that Mary Oliver would have the opportunity to join the team since they were down a person. They were using her to keep abreast of the investigation.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

I was utterly confused about her abduction. Didn't have a clue as to the who or why. It was one of the more perplexing aspects of the story until it unraveled.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
When it happened I thought they would use her for an exchange for Mars...when that didn't happen immediately I was wondering what the purpose was.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Yep, that was it for me, too.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Nice try in fooling us ;)

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

She showed up and volunteered her services. The team didn't even have a chance to think about it.