2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Last Mile (Amos Decker, #2)
This topic is about The Last Mile
The Last Mile > Question K

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
When Decker and team met with Charles Montgomery and he recounted his killing of Roy and Lucinda, were you closer to believing him? Was something still off?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I thought then that he was somehow believable, but he seemed too cold a killer to want to relieve his "conscience" just before he was executed.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I think at first I wanted to believe him just because I wanted Mars to be innocent so bad, and Montgomery was no peach. Yet, I don't know if its because I was listening to it on audio, but it felt sort of monotone...like that "yeah-yeah" tone teens give. Plus it didn't feel like he rally could put it together well.

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 29, 2016 04:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
His story sounded plausible and complete. I was believing him but just couldn't shake the feeling that something else was going on. My biggest concern was why he was coming forward. He just wasn't a good enough person to be this generous.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Jonetta wrote: "His story sounded plausible and complete. I was believing him but just couldn't shake the felling that something else was going on. My biggest concern was why he was coming forward. He just wasn't ..."

Ha! Yes, definitely not an altruistic person.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Felt the same way! He definately wasnt a peach!