2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Last Mile > Question H

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Talk about that scene at the prison when Mars was put back into general population. What did you learn about him? What did you think about the ultimate justice following the fight? Why do you think one of the guards decided to snitch?

message 2: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments The scene seemed to be expected by Mars, and the fact that the prison guards set him up to be killed justified Mars' stringent fitness regime during his years in prison. The fact that two prisoners had homemade knives says a lot about the danger of incarceration.

I think the culprit guards could have been racist or just convinced that Mars was guilty and deserved death penalty. I'm glad there was a decent guard who had seen enough and wanted the vigilante violence to be stopped.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Mars showed how disciplined he was mentally and physically. He quickly assessed the situation, measured his attackers and systematically took them down with precision and deadliness. It's what convinced me he was probably innocent...he just wouldn't have killed his parents so sloppily.

I have a feeling the snitching guard saw an opportunity to get rid of a guard who was out of control.