2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Last Mile (Amos Decker, #2)
This topic is about The Last Mile
The Last Mile > Question D

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
What were your early impressions of the task force members (Ross Bogart, Alex Jamison, Lisa Davenport and Todd Milligan)?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I had a really difficult time distinguishing among these characters at first. I didn't recall pertinent information (if any) from the first book, which was a detriment for my early reading of this book.

Even later in the book, some of these were tough for me to keep straight. It was why I gave the book 4.5 stars, even if it was my fault that I was unable to hold on to the team members as individuals.

Alex was the reporter that worked with Decker in Ohio. Lisa was the psychologist and Milligan was the FBI agent with the chip on his shoulder (initially).

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I have liked Alex and Bogart since Memory Man. The chemistry between Decker and Alex, Decker and Bogart and the three together just works. Adding Lisa was great in that she is questions and is fascinated by Decker and provides another way to learn more about Decker. Milligan was an ass, but he is also used to a certain way and Decker is anything but usual. I liked how he came around and admitted he was wrong about the case. One of the reasons I like this series is the characterization.

Same here, Kris. I was very happy to see Alex show up in this story as I liked her rapport with Decker.

I thought it a good team and though Milligan was indeed an ass initially, his character provided the opportunity to illustrate Decker's thought processes.

I wasn't feeling Lisa's contributions at first as she seemed too overly focused on Decker and probing his mind. But when she did that hypnosis, I got on board.

Bogart provided perfect leadership, supporting the team and not getting in the middle of things. He facilitated their needs when they needed it done, cutting through red tape and taking the hits. I really hope he doesn't experience a career backlash, especially since the task force delivered in such a big way.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Jonetta wrote: "Same here, Kris. I was very happy to see Alex show up in this story as I liked her rapport with Decker.

I thought it a good team and though Milligan was indeed an ass initially, his character pro..."

Yeah, you are right about Lisa. I think the Psychology major in me felt the same way, haha.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Glad to read all your comments. Thanks for the reminders and clarification. I now have a completely stuffy head, so maybe it was coming on when I began reading....? ha!

I hope so, too, Stephanie. This type of task force seems perfect for Decker.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I really liked the characters and hope they are all in book 3. I was really intrigued in what happened to Davenport, I was happy that they found her alive.