2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

The Last Mile (Amos Decker, #2)
This topic is about The Last Mile
The Last Mile > Question C

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Amos Decker is on his way to Washington, DC to join an FBI special task force when he hears Mars' story on NPR. Were you persuaded by his argument with the task force members to make this their first case?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Not particularly, but I didn't know about any of the other cases under consideration, so I was not surprised that the team and their support people had mixed feelings and waffled quite a bit during the investigation.

I definitely was after he dismantled Milligan's proposal. I got hooked.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Same here! The fact that Mars and Decker's life has some parallel I can see why Decker was first hooked...and then when he took Milligan's case and dismantled (like you said Jonetta) how can you not choose the Mars case?

It was classic Decker!

Yes, haha, very Decker.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Kris, I too was intrigued with those parallels between Decker and Mars.

Charlene wrote: "Kris, I too was intrigued with those parallels between Decker and Mars."

Glad to hear it wasn't just me, Charlene.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I agree Stephanie that his memory skills helped make his case.
I was definately hooked! I couldnt put the book down and with all the twists and turns, I think that was what it made it into a page turner.