Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

Wytchfire (The Dragonkin Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Wytchfire
Promotions & Advertisements > Wytchfire - kind of "Game of Thrones" meets "The X-Men"

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Jun 09, 2014 10:18PM) (new)

Michael Meyerhofer | 14 comments Hi, everyone! My name’s Michael Meyerhofer. I’m a fantasy author, contemporary poet, and History Channel addict (“Ancient Aliens” notwithstanding). My fantasy novel, Wytchfire, was just published. Book One in a trilogy, set in a world of magic and murder, it’s the story of an orphan/gravedigger who wanted to be a knight but… yeah, lots of important things go terribly wrong.

Wytchfire

From the back cover: "In a land haunted by the legacy of dead dragons, Rowen Locke has been many things: orphan, gravedigger, mercenary. All he ever wanted was to become a Knight of Crane and wield a kingsteel sword against the kind of grown horrors his childhood knows all too well. But that dream crumbled--replaced by a new nightmare. War is overrunning the realms, an unprecedented duel of desire and revenge, steel and sorcery. And for one disgraced man who would be a knight, in a world where no one is blameless, the time has come to decide which side he's on."

Amazon sales page with sample chapter

Another sample chapter

I hope you'll check it out but either way, thanks for the consideration!

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Meyerhofer | 14 comments Hi, folks. I'm running another giveaway, if anybody's interested!

Goodreads Book Giveaway

Wytchfire by Michael Meyerhofer

Wytchfire

by Michael Meyerhofer

Giveaway ends July 15, 2014.

See the giveaway details
at Goodreads.

Enter to win

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Meyerhofer | 14 comments Hello, fellow readers! I thought I'd pass on a few pieces of good news re: my dark fantasy novel, Wytchfire. First, the book won the post-publication Whirling Prize from the Kellogg Writers Series, sponsored by the University of Indianapolis!

Second, I found out a couple days ago that it was also nominated for a Readers' Choice Award by the fine folks at BigAl and the Pals. Click here if you feel like voting, which enters you into a drawing for a $75 Amazon gift card. No hard feelings if you don't vote for me. ;)

Third, the sequel, Knightswrath, will be released this summer. It's all finished (as is a rough draft of the trilogy's conclusion), just waiting on a little formatting and the cover art.

So, yeah. My inner Link is pleased.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic