Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Please fix my mess up - need series help

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Peters (klpeters) Hi, I tried to add Part 2 of The Kingdom (Oath of Iron) series, and although I saw it listed, it didn't add to my author dashboard. I then started monkeying around and changed my author name and then the author name on both Part 1 and Part 2. Now I can see neither on my dashboard. Pathetic, I know. I changed my author name back to K.L. Peters. Kind and wise Librarian, will you please fix? Thanks so much!

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 22287 comments The Kingdom parts 1 & 2 are back on your profile once I removed the space between initials in the author names on the books. A good illustration of why Goodreads is so strict on how author names are to be formatted. :-)

message 3: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Peters (klpeters) Yay! I'm still a newbie here and my geek side took over. I'll have to curb that!

If you have time to answer a quick question: what's the purpose of the listing showing up when I put in the title? Is it just to verify that the book is in the GR database, but all the fields in the Add book form still need to be filled in? Just trying to be sure to not make the same mistake next time!

Thanks very much!

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 22287 comments Do you mean when you are adding a new book? Not really sure what you are referencing.

Question back: Is Oath of Iron #1 going to be the 4 parts of The Kingdom put together? I'm confused since it says Oath of Iron Book 1 on part 2 of The Kingdom.

message 5: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Peters (klpeters) Yes, I meant when adding a new book. Do you still have to fill in all the fields in the Add book form - is it like "claiming" the book is yours? In other words, the book is not added automatically with all the info already filled in.

Um, yea...I probably should have left off the "Book 1" as it's not necessary (and probably confusing) at this point. The Kingdom is the first book in the Oath of Iron series - it's broken into 4 parts. I decided to release it in 4 parts but eventually the 4 parts will be combined into one (large) book. There will be more books in the Oath of Iron series after The Kingdom.

message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 22287 comments Yes, all fields need to be filled in when adding a new book. If it is a new edition of the exact same book (a second edition of The Kingdom Part 1 for instance) you can use the "add a new edition" link on the existing book page, which is when some of the information will appear - basically the title & author - and you still have to fill in the rest.

I removed "Book 1"; we'll wait for the complete book.

message 7: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Peters (klpeters) Thank you so very much for your fixes as well as answering my questions. You rock!!

message 8: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 22287 comments You're very welcome. :-)