Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading June 6?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2064 comments Mod
Happy June! Sorry for the late post. It's been a busy morning out West.

I'm starting the week with The Spiral Down by Aly Martinez

message 2: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
No worries, Okie! Thanks for keeping us on track every week :)

I'm about 80% in to The Wicked Duke by Madeline Hunter. I'm really enjoying it and I think its now my favorite of the trilogy.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1243 comments Yes Okie, thanks :-) ♥

I'm finishing up an ARC of All the Rage which is gritty but I didn't think it was as gritty as some of her other work.

I'm then moving onto ARC's of Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis and Fearless In Love by Bella Andre and Jennifer Skully.

Once I get my ARC's up to date I'm hopefully moving onto Marrying Winterborne and Ricochet (Vigilantes, #1) by Keri Lake .

Both have been sitting on my kindle for DAYS!! I included the cover for Ricochet. Don't you think it's intense? It's supposed to be really gritty and quite dark. Fingers crossed I don't wuss out :-) ♥

message 4: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments I finished THE WICKED DUKE, Manda and really liked it. As always, I love the interplay between the brothers.

Now I'm several chapters into DUKE OF SIN by Elizabeth Hoyt. I'm liking it so far. I know the hero is a jerk but I don't think he's really evil. He reminds me of a little boy who has been hurt and is just taking out his anger on everyone he possibly can. Reminds me a little of St. Vincent from DEVIL IN WINTER by LK. We'll see...

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1243 comments Irisheyes wrote: "I finished THE WICKED DUKE, Manda and really liked it. As always, I love the interplay between the brothers.

Now I'm several chapters into DUKE OF SIN by Elizabeth Hoyt. I'm liking it so far. I k..."

That is EXACTLY IT!! Irisheyes he is very similar to St. Vincent. I never really thought of that till you said it. :-) ♥

message 6: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1149 comments Ooh yes!!! Good comparison Irish Eyes! I think in retrospect I enjoyed the book more than I originally thought I did.

Just finished the wicked Duke! Really liked it! Probably my favourite of the trilogy as well!

Now onto Marrying Winterbourne!

message 7: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1149 comments And now for something completely irrelevant...
Is anyone else getting book descriptions on good reads in Spanish? It's not all of them but they keep popping up every so often!!! And I can't find an English version lol

message 8: by Manda (new)

Leigh-Ayn, that hasn't happened to me before. Maybe it's a check box in your settings? Maybe you should shoot them an email to let them know it's happening.

I finished The Wicked Duke and ended up really loving it. I'm going to miss these crazy Hemingford brothers.

Now I'm several chapters in to Duke of Sin. It's such a familiar world by now, his jerkiness hasn't jarred me so far. I guess we'll see what happens...

message 9: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1149 comments Has anyone read Olivia Drake?

message 10: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1243 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Has anyone read Olivia Drake?"

Yes and I loved it. When I get a bit more time I want to go back and read more of her work. Not too long ago I read His Wicked Wish and gave it 5 stars.

message 11: by Manda (new)

I was a fan of Olivia Drake's work when she was writing as Barbara Dawson Smith, but I never made the connection later so haven't picked her up again.

I finished Duke of Sin and enjoyed it, though it's definitely not my favorite of the series. A couple of parts that were really troublesome for me, but similar to problems I had with The Serpent Prince. Val bordered on OTT for me at times, but it was in his nature to want to shock, so it was set up. Just made me roll my eyes a little. Bridget was the more relatable of the two by far. But I could see their HEA working out with her there to keep his mayhem in check.

I was particularly glad to have persevered because it sets up so much of the conflict in the next book. The Duke of Kyle will be an interesting hero, I think. And I'm desperate to know who the lady Ghost of St. Giles is, though I have a suspicion!

message 12: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1243 comments Manda wrote: "I was a fan of Olivia Drake's work when she was writing as Barbara Dawson Smith, but I never made the connection later so haven't picked her up again.

I finished Duke of Sin and e..."

Yep, I have a suspicion too and I am really hoping it is who I think it is :-)

message 13: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
Hoyt gave a spoiler comment in the answer to a question so I am pretty sure who it is :-)

message 14: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1149 comments I have a suspicion as well!!!!
I wish the 'fairytale' Olivia Drake books were on kindle! As I can't find any hard copies in Perth. Might have to do a book depository order!

message 15: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1149 comments Apologies!! The Cinderella Sosterbood series Hehehehe
Knew it was a fairytale!
PS the iPhone app still doesn't let you edit comments!!!!