YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

With Malice
This topic is about With Malice
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > With Malice by Eileen Cook - Restarting January 1st 2020

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84094 comments Mod
A read about a teenage girl who wakes up in a hospital bed and cannot remember the last six weeks of her life, including the accident that killed her best friend--only what if the accident wasn't an accident?

Eighteen-year-old Jill Charron wakes up in a hospital room, leg in a cast, stitches in her face and a big blank canvas where the last 6 weeks should be. She comes to discover she was involved in a fatal accident while on a school trip in Italy three days previous but was jetted home by her affluent father in order to receive quality care. Care that includes a lawyer. And a press team. Because maybe the accident...wasn't an accident. Wondering not just what happened but what she did, Jill tries to piece together the events of the past six weeks before she loses her thin hold on her once-perfect life

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
10% - (view spoiler)

Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

This is a bit slow.

chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Chapter 26 - (view spoiler)

chapter 20 (view spoiler)

Abbie wrote: "Chapter 26 - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

chapter 30 (view spoiler)

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting August 13th 2016. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments I just finished this book! Looking forward to discussing it with you guys. I've talked to a few people who really really liked it. I thought it was lacking a lot ...

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Has anyone started reading this yet? ☺

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna (librairieimaginaire) | 394 comments I said I would try to participate but it doesn't look like my hold is going to come through until after I go on vacation. :-( Sorry about that!

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Anna wrote: "I said I would try to participate but it doesn't look like my hold is going to come through until after I go on vacation. :-( Sorry about that!"

No worries! Enjoy your vacation!

Excited to discuss ☺

message 15: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Aug 15, 2016 12:27PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 20 [spoilers removed]"

I thought it was such a let down that (view spoiler) and then ending when (view spoiler). I expected a lot more ups & downs, reveals & twists, but it was pretty flat to me. I enjoyed her friendship with Anna a lot, though.

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4776 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4776 comments Sarah wrote: "Chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4776 comments Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4776 comments Abbie wrote: "Chapter 26 - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4776 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4776 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 30 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Joining :)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 12%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Megan wrote: "Chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

I agree.

message 25: by Melanie (last edited Aug 21, 2016 11:45PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 20%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 30%

(view spoiler)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Megan wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed] ..."

I agree, I think both girls are terrible people and terrible friends. Especially Simone.

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 70%

(view spoiler)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments 92%

(view spoiler)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Melanie wrote: "70%

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, douche alert!

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting January 1st 2020. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Chapters 1-5

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Chapters 6-10

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Chapters 11-15

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Chapters 16-20

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Chapters 21-25

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Chapters 26-30

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3290 comments Finished

(view spoiler)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 47356 comments Mod
Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 1-5

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 11-15

[spoilers removed]"

I HATE HER DAD! OMG!

Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 16-20

(view spoiler)

I'm just so impressed she managed to remember that phone number, 10 digits, while being talked to and not being able to write it down!

Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 21-25

(view spoiler)

I thought that as well! But yes I knew that her (view spoiler)

Ashleigh wrote: "Chapters 26-30

(view spoiler)

YEAH DUMB PLOT TWIST! And I really like Tara for saying what she did!