2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr, #6)
This topic is about Where Shadows Dance
Where Shadows Dance > Question M

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Has everyone figured out that Hero is pregnant? Who seems to already know?

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments So far only Kat and Jarvis are confirmed to know. Though wouldn't rushing off to get a special license be a tip off? I'm not sure what the usual reasons for doing that were during this period.

I'm hoping I understand this correctly. Didn't her abigail give Jarvis the information that led him to know Hero was pregnant? If so, who knows to whom else she shared this information. The fact that Kat knows tells me the info is out there.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments A handful of people certainly know and its not something that can be kept quiet for long.

I found it interesting that Hero offered Sebastian an out when she suggested that others might think her kidnappers had violated her and that one of them was the father. Of course, Sebastian didn't even think twice before stating that he didn't care what other people believe.

I never even went there until Hero mentioned it, another awful societal norm that was just stupid. Women really had a rough set of "rules" to abide and live by.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "Women really had a rough set of "rules" to abide and live by. ."

It's just an earlier version of victim shaming!

That's the term I was looking for!

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Lauren wrote: "I found it interesting that Hero offered Sebastian an out when she suggested that others might think her kidnappers had violated her and that one of them was the father."

It does make you wonder how many people might harbor beliefs that Hero's child isn't, in fact, Sebastian's but just keep it to themselves. It's odd to think how much of the reality of the societal elite of the time was based on polite fictions. Other than that, I can't comment too much without spoiling.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I knew Jarvis got it out of the abigail, but I have forgotten how Kat knew. Did Sebastian tell her? Does his best man know?

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I think Hero's Abigail has been telling whomever paid her for the info. That's why Kat told Sebastian to tell his new bride to get herself a new Abigail.

But Gibson doesn't know. The only main characters who know at this point are Jarvis and Kat.

We inferred from all this that Kat knew because of a leak from her abigail, which means more people may know. It was never explicitly stated.