2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr, #6)
This topic is about Where Shadows Dance
Where Shadows Dance > Question L

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Sebastian killed quite a few people in this story. Did you have any issues with his actions?

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I think most of them qualified as self defense with the exception of Chernisov. That seemed more in retaliation for kidnapping Hero since there would be no other way to get justice due to the diplomatic immunity. He killed Ross so that factored in too but it really felt to me like the Hero incident was the thing that pushed Sebastian over.

I agree, Veronica. No way was he going to be held accountable for his murders or for Hero's abduction. If Sebastian didn't kill him, Jarvis would.

As Chernishav drew his weapon first, could it be construed as self defense?

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I think the case could certainly be made for that but I think Sebastian went to confront him knowing full well how it was going to go down. There was no way he was going to let Chernisav get away with everything.

From the part where Sebastian is at the Jarvis home having just learned about Hero's abduction: He was aware of a white hot rage coursing through him, stoked by fear and guilt and a confused tumult of emotions he had no time now to analyze."

That white hot rage had to go somewhere.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Good point, Veronica.
Chernisav definitely pulled a weapon, but Sebastian ensured the circumstances would lead to that eventuality.

It felt like that. Otherwise, why chase him down?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments As you remind us, Veronica, that white-hot rage was seeking its outlet. Whether or not Chernisav drew first, Sebastian was going to have the last say.

Joanna | 139 comments All the killings were justified.