2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr, #6)
This topic is about Where Shadows Dance
Where Shadows Dance > Question J

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Love her or despise her, Kat's goodbye to Sebastian seemed genuine. What did you think of that scene? Is it truly the end for this couple?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments It had better be the end! She needs to just go and not come back!

It felt final to me. She knows Hero is pregnant and she knows the man...that child will bind him to the marriage even if he doesn't have deep feelings for Hero. Kat knows this is the end and so does Sebastian. That kiss had a definite finality to it.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments To be honest, I mostly just skim the Kat parts in the books. Reading them the once was enough for me. I really, really wish that Sebastian would just get over her already. That said, I've been keeping better track of the story's timeline this go around and this is how it breaks down:

January 29 1811 What Angels Fear
June 12 1811 When Gods Die
September 14-23 1811 Why Mermaids Sing
**break with Kat - 8 month gap**
May 4-11 1812 Where Serpents Sleep
July 7-17 1812 What Remains of Heaven
July 29 1812 Where Shadows Dance

I need to go back and look up the date ranges for all the books but basically Sebastian and Kat were reunited and spent approximately eight months together before that came to an end. Then there were the ensuing eight months that he spent in a drunken stupor until Hero approached with a new case and fired his interest again. Since then, only a little more than two months had passed. So, from the story's time frame, it's only been about ten months since losing Kat. It only feels like forever to us, lol.

Thanks so much for this timeline!

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I hope that Kat does not come back but Sebastian still has a big heart for her and I am afraid he will go back to her. Sebastian seems to have high morals so I think it will be unlikely since Hero is having his baby but his feelings seem really strong for Kat. Hopefuly though with the baby his heart grows for Hero.

Joanna | 139 comments Kat lingers like a bad odor. She seems to be the type of person who will always go running to Sebastian when she is in need of something. I can just see her showing up in all the books with some type of dilemma where she needs his help.

Ooh..."Kat lingers like a bad odor" That's just rich, Joanna!