2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr, #6)
This topic is about Where Shadows Dance
Where Shadows Dance > Question H

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Hero saves herself from her captors. Your thoughts about her behavior while in captivity and her actions to gain her freedom?

message 2: by Veronica (last edited Jun 06, 2016 12:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Well, I just love her and I think it was great that she saved herself despite being afraid. She never panicked and kept her wits about her. Contrast that with bland Kat who had to be saved by Sebastian in the first book. For me that only further highlights why Hero is a better match for him in all ways.

And I loved that Sebastian smiled about it. More and more I think he's finding that Hero truly is remarkable. And did anyone notice that this was the first time he called Hero by her given name, instead of the more formal and proper Miss Jarvis (when he gallops into the yard and thinks she's been hurt)? I sure did. :-)

Hero has captured the best of her father in knowing how to maintain your cool and think under pressure. She carried her fear with her while she thought about how she was going to stay alive. The whole time she was calculating everything...how they were going to kill them since they didn't hide their identity, knowing they planned to rape her, figuring out the ringleader. Observing those weapons without letting them see she was observing was so very smart. Honestly, I never saw the tea incident coming but I should have. I loved how imperfectly she pulled it off because there were worrisome moments.

It was interesting how she had no regrets about killing those men but was still sorry about Marie.

Best. Scene. Ever.

And, no! I missed him calling her Hero for the first time.

Phrynne | 592 comments Second best scene ever:)
The best is in the last few pages of the book.

You're right, Phrynne:) I do stand corrected!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Totally the best scene in the book until the end as Phrynne says. You do NOT want to get on Hero's bad side!

The comparison with Kat is very apt, Veronica. Kat needs to be rescued while Hero saves herself. That said, it was still difficult for her and she does reveal her vulnerability to Sebastian even though she makes a valiant effort not to. I think that her ability to open up to him and reveal her fears will be a gauge for evaluating their relationship going forward.

Good point, Lauren.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments You all made such valuable observations here. I was so pleased that Hero was a Regency ninja, using whatever she was able to do. The boiling water was priceless.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Regency ninja, lol!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments lol!

Joanna | 139 comments It's not her first time killing someone to save herself and others. The fact that she took on three men and didn't sustain one injury shows that she is tough as nails.