2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr, #6)
This topic is about Where Shadows Dance
Where Shadows Dance > Question B

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Hero seems to be just as adept and intrigued by these murder investigations. What do you think is her motivation?

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments She's a very intelligent woman and I think she likes any chance to use her mind.

She's got a keen, interesting mind and is resourceful. Hero's not just out to help Sebastian, she's also competing with him on a certain level. He seems to admire that, too.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Jonetta wrote: "She's got a keen, interesting mind and is resourceful. Hero's not just out to help Sebastian, she's also competing with him on a certain level. He seems to admire that, too."

Definitely! He's coming to understand that he can have a true partner in all aspects of his life with Hero. He won't have to hide his involvements from her or else have to endure her displeasure at how "inappropriate" it is.

Perfectly stated, Veronica.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Hero is frustrated by the limitations that society puts on her because she is a woman. I also agree that there is a certain level of competition with Sebastian. She enjoys getting the upper hand with him.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments The subtle rivalry is fun.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I guess my comment in Question A was before I read this one. Hero is a good match in many ways for Sebastian.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Charlene wrote: "I guess my comment in Question A was before I read this one. Hero is a good match in many ways for Sebastian."

Agreed.

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I think that Hero and Sebastian are equals to each other and loves to find the truth just as much as Sebastian does. I am a big Hero fan and loved to read about all the Hero and Sebastian stuff.

I agree with you all that she is trying to be competitive with Sebastian and does a very good job. She kicks ass.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments That she does, Mary! :-)

message 12: by Jasmine (new) - added it

Jasmine | 40 comments I think Hero is a good complement to Sebastian. His reaction to injustice is more emotional, more angry, whereas hers is somewhat more intellectual--a challenging problem to be solved.