Harry Potter Fans discussion

Harry Potter Couples > Lily and James or Lily and Snape

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (new)

Sophie Simpson (sophiecool123) | 1008 comments Mod
Which couple do you prefer, Lily and James or Lily and Snape? James was rude and a bully to many people besides his friends and Snape became a death eater and called Lily a mudblood, but they both had unconditional love for Lily. Who do you Lily should have picked?

message 2: by Grace , Head Mod (new)

Grace  Wright | 657 comments Mod
Lily and Snape!

message 3: by Mahima (new)

Mahima Pradhan Lily and Snape. They could have been an awesome couple if Snape wouldn't have become a death eater.

message 4: by Sokooky (new)

Sokooky | 24 comments Lily and Snape!!!

message 5: by aarifa (new)

aarifa Lily and Snape

message 6: by aarifa (new)

aarifa But I think Lily and James COULD have worked. But when I read he James and his gang were bothering Snape, I felt REAL bad! And Snape + Lily knew each other since they were kids.

Saara ~ Lover of Mortal Instruments, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Artemis Fowl Herondale, Jackson, Potter, or Fowl | 220 comments I think that Lily and Snape could have worked, but he DID call her a mud blood. At the time that Lily started dating James, Snape was on the path of or a Death Eater. She couldn't have dated or married a Death Eater. And James had grown out of his conceited phase.

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan | 189 comments Lily and Severus.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Lily and Snape! I never really liked James - he was conceited and bullied Snape. He only became good for the OotP and although Snape was a Death Eater, he was brave enough to change his ways. All he did was call her a mud blood, and he apologised profusely afterwards.

Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom (ravenpawclaw) | 677 comments Honestly, I just watched the fifth one and that makes me think Lily and Snape. When I see their memories then I think Snily, but most of the other times I like Jamily. (James + Lily)

message 11: by Grace , Head Mod (new)

I think Lily and Snape because he went to to the good side for her, so I believe he would've if she was alive too, if he really loved her, which he did.

message 12: by Francesca (last edited Aug 09, 2016 07:40AM) (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Lily and James! I feel like I'm in the minority on this one but I just love James. Yes, he was wrong to bully Snape (and I don't condone it) but as far as we know all we really got was Snape's side of the story. I'm sure Snape gave as good as he got to James considering they both hated each other and both liked the same girl. Snape already had a bias against him because of Lily and so of course he's also going to say that James was arrogant and conceited and, sure, maybe he was but they're not necessarily bad traits and he can't have been that bad. James was clearly a good guy in general. He was an excellent friend and everyone else seemed to like him and considering everything we know about Lily and how lovely and awesome she is, she wouldn't have got with James if she hadn't seen something special in him and if she didn't consider him to be a good guy. If anything, it at least shows that he matured and grew as a person, because people do change. I think Lily and James go so well together!

I appreciate that Snape turned to the good side for her and that he did love her but he called her a mudblood and was going to become a death eater (and did for a while) and that's not who Lily would've wanted to be with.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 189 comments Maya wrote: "Lily and Snape! I never really liked James - he was conceited and bullied Snape. He only became good for the OotP and although Snape was a Death Eater, he was brave enough to change his ways. All h..."

I agree

message 15: by Jo (new)

Jo (onemorechapter_) | 2 comments Lily and James... Cuz otherwise Harry wouldn't exist and the books are about Harry.... Not Lily and Snape's kid

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah grace | 127 comments Francesca wrote: "Lily and James! I feel like I'm in the minority on this one but I just love James. Yes, he was wrong to bully Snape (and I don't condone it) but as far as we know all we really got was Snape's side..."

I agree

message 17: by Sophie, Advisor Mod (last edited Oct 03, 2016 03:42PM) (new)

Sophie Simpson (sophiecool123) | 1008 comments Mod
Hannah wrote: "Francesca wrote: "Lily and James! I feel like I'm in t..."
"I agree"

Me too.

message 18: by Grace , Head Mod (new)

Masi wrote: "Lily and Snape! I never really liked James - he was conceited and bullied Snape. He only became good for the OotP and although Snape was a Death Eater, he was brave enough to change his ways. All h..."

I agree.

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (GoldDragon) | 64 comments Lily and James because without them, Harry would probably not exist. Even if he did, his name would be Harry Snape. You Know Who probably wouldn't attack them. It wouldn't be the same.

message 20: by Erin (new)

Erin I could just be bias but I ship James and Lily over Snape and Lily. Yeah James was a jerk to like everyone who wasn't like him and that includes Lily's best friend who understood her when she was little. However, Lily fell in love with him for a reason. She saw good in others and she loved Snape too maybe not in the way he loved her but she loved him too. I can relate to James in way that I kind of wish I don't. When I was younger I was a jerk to everyone who wasn't like me. I judged before knowing people. I make jokes, I make mistakes so did James and so did Snape and so did Lily. We've all made mistakes but we shouldn't use those to define us.
To be honest, I stopped knowing where I was going with all of thus but anyway I prefer James and Lily.

Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom (ravenpawclaw) | 677 comments That is really deep...

message 22: by Ila (new)

Ila (radiossilence) Lily and James!! I have read so much Lily and James fan fiction and also I just love them. Come on, I mean James, Sirius and Peter made themselves into animagi (I feel like I spelt that wrong) to help their friend. Sure he was a little conceited and a bit of a prat but I mean LILY AND JAMES!

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah grace | 127 comments Ila wrote: "Lily and James!! I have read so much Lily and James fan fiction and also I just love them. Come on, I mean James, Sirius and Peter made themselves into animagi (I feel like I spelt that wrong) to h..."

I agree james is very deer to my heart

message 25: by Amritha (new)

Amritha | 124 comments Oh I don't know... I think I like Lilly and Snape just a teensy bit more than Lilly and James because Lilly is portrayed as sort of a light, delicate, but still brave woman and Snape is like the mean guy whose actually really soft and loving and has sadness and happiness together on the inside. So they just go together in my head... like opposites attract... but I wouldn't change the books at all of course, this is outside of the book. Again, I think Lilly and James is still good, but I still like Lilly and Snape a bit more... :) Reply if you agree as well, or am I the only one... :(

message 26: by Anni (new)

Anni Li Gellert  | 13 comments Lilly and Snape, they would have ended well together!

message 27: by Amritha (new)

Amritha | 124 comments Yes Anni! Snilly strong!

message 28: by Isadora (new)

Isadora Lilly and Snape. Poor guy =(

message 29: by Myra (new)

Myra | 131 comments Lily and James

message 30: by Myra (new)

Myra | 131 comments Lily and James

message 31: by Haley_Allen_5 (new)

Haley_Allen_5 | 15 comments Lily and James. Harry wouldn't have been Harry if Snape was his father.

message 32: by Reese (new)

Reese | 92 comments Snape and Lily. James (although has really cute fan art with lily) annoys me.

Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom (ravenpawclaw) | 677 comments I agree with Hannah

message 34: by Sejal (new)

Sejal | 28 comments I love Lily and James, and I feel like everyone here is going to kill me because I kind of don't like Snape. At all.

message 35: by Grace , Head Mod (new)

Sejal wrote: "I love Lily and James, and I feel like everyone here is going to kill me because I kind of don't like Snape. At all."
It's ok, we totally respect your opinion.

message 37: by Sejal (new)

Sejal | 28 comments ^thank you

message 38: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 460 comments Sejal wrote: "I love Lily and James, and I feel like everyone here is going to kill me because I kind of don't like Snape. At all."

I don't like Snape either! You're not alone.

message 39: by Jo (new)

Jo (onemorechapter_) | 2 comments You're even more not alone (Haha sorry I didn't know how to phrase that)
I mean I like Snape a bit but I hate Snily! I'm Jily all the way.

message 40: by Bianca (new)

Bianca I like the early friendship between Snape and Lily more. James was an ass as a kid. But he changed for the better, whereas Snape changed for the worst. Maybe he only did because of the bullying, but I don't think that's not a good enough reason to forgive Snape, but not forgive James. So for the romantic relashionship as adults, I'll have to say Jily.

Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 148 comments Lily and James!!! I like Snape at the end, but I love Jily

message 42: by Juicelyn (new)

Juicelyn | 14 comments Lily and James by far!!!!! Snape calling her a mudblood was unacceptable and Lily never really liked Snape that way.

message 43: by Myra (new)

Myra | 131 comments Lily and James is a much better match in my opinion

message 44: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 9 comments I really like lily and James together

message 45: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli The thing about Lily and James is that James's character development was all off-stage, after Snape had burned his boats, so we see only the end bit, where James tries to buy Lily the time to flee with Harry.

message 46: by Zaya (new)

Zaya Harker (hamiltrashdoggo) Lily and Snape. He wouldn't be all depressed like in the books if Lily had married him. And I think James would get over it far more easily, he 's a Gryffindor Quidditch player and many girls would want to go out with him.

~TARDIS_Erin~{She~They} Lily and Snape

message 48: by cait (new)

cait (galway) Bianca wrote: "I like the early friendship between Snape and Lily more. James was an ass as a kid. But he changed for the better, whereas Snape changed for the worst. Maybe he only did because of the bullying, bu..."

I completely agree! I'm all for Lily and James😀

message 49: by Violet Potter (new)

Violet Potter (violetpotter101) | 28 comments Lily and Snape! Snape loved Lily much more than James, and i'm sorry to say it but James was a butt.

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 29, 2020 01:43PM) (new)

Neither.

While both Snape and James were essentially good people, they both had their exceedingly crap sides. Lily deserved better. I am, however, a great fan of Snape and Lily’s childhood friendship.

« previous 1