Gail Carriger Fan Group discussion

Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1)
This topic is about Prudence
Prudence Read-Along 2016 (OVER) > Prudence Read-Along, An Introduction (+ Giveaway)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Skye (Skye's Scribblings) (last edited Jun 07, 2016 02:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Skye (Skye's Scribblings) | 241 comments Mod
What: As promised, it is with great excitement that I announce a read-along of the first book in the Custard Protocol series by Gail Carriger: Prudence!

Why: To prep for Imprudence, the second book in the series, which releases July 19, 2016!

Who: Whether a first, second, or twelfth read, anyone can join the fun and discussion!

When: Sunday, June 12th through Saturday, July 9th (4 weeks)

Where: The read-along will take place here and on my (the Moderator's) blog, Skye's Scribblings. There is also a Twitter thread at #PrudenceRA.

How: After a launch post June 12th I will cross-post brief four-chapter reviews on my blog and the Fan Group every Saturday starting June 18th summarizing what transpired in said chapters and commenting on my favorite tidbits, then encourage the sharing and discussion of participants here, on my blog, and on Twitter. These reviews will also include a special series-related question answered by the author herself!

Giveaway: In honor of the read-along I'm holding a giveaway on Skye's Scribblings for a Custard Protocol button set procured from Gail Carriger's Zazzle merchandise account! To enter see the introduction post here !

Questions? Comment below or on my blog introduction post here!

message 2: by Tressa (new) - added it

Tressa (Wishful Endings) | 1 comments I'm going to try to join this one. I'm so behind in my reading, but I grabbed an audiobook copy so I can listen while I do other stuff so I'm hoping to make time for it that way. Thanks for hosting!

Tressa wrote: "I'm going to try to join this one. I'm so behind in my reading, but I grabbed an audiobook copy so I can listen while I do other stuff so I'm hoping to make time for it that way. Thanks for hosting!"

Glad to have you, Tressa! It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on the audiobook version. Happy listening! :)

message 4: by Yorick (new)

Yorick (yorickwell) | 1 comments I am listening to the audio book as well, although I'll read words to make up ground if I fall behind. Not to be pedantic, but I believe the airship is Spotted Custard, not S Crumpet

Yorick wrote: "I am listening to the audio book as well, although I'll read words to make up ground if I fall behind. Not to be pedantic, but I believe the airship is Spotted Custard, not S Crumpet
."

Excellent, I look forward to your audiobook thoughts as well! As to any accidental Spotted Crumpet reference, please let me know exactly where and if it is in my power I will most certainly correct it!