Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > JR Ward - where to start?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liza (new)

Liza Street (lizastreet) | 15 comments I've seen her name a LOT in these threads, but I've never read one of her books and she has, um, at least a million (well, 108 according to Amazon). Where should a JR Ward newbie start? Thanks!

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 85 comments Dark Lover is the first in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Start there.

message 3: by Liza (new)

Liza Street (lizastreet) | 15 comments Nicole wrote: "Dark Lover is the first in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Start there."

Thank you! :)

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 85 comments You're welcome!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 228 comments Nicole wrote: "Dark Lover is the first in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Start there."

I agree.

message 6: by Vavita (new)

Vavita And I would stay only with the Black dagger series. She has the Fallen Angels which is slightly connected but I never felt any spirit there

message 7: by Liza (new)

Liza Street (lizastreet) | 15 comments Vavita wrote: "And I would stay only with the Black dagger series. She has the Fallen Angels which is slightly connected but I never felt any spirit there"

Good to know! People were recommending The Beast in another thread, so I just checked--it's still part of the Black Dagger Brotherhood--so yay! Thanks, everyone!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) | 195 comments Definitely read at least the early BDB books. The first 5 are wonderful. Her other stuff I am NOT in love with.

message 9: by Aliya (new)

Aliya DalRae | 28 comments But don't give up on them if they get slow for you. The last few have been amazing!

message 10: by Liza (new)

Liza Street (lizastreet) | 15 comments I came to the right place with this question--you've all been amazing! I'm heading to the library first thing tomorrow. Thank you!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 228 comments Liza wrote: "I came to the right place with this question--you've all been amazing! I'm heading to the library first thing tomorrow. Thank you!"

Hope you enjoy them Liza!

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Welcome to the world of BDB

message 13: by Marie (new)

Marie Johnston I really, really liked her Fallen Angel series, but I agree - start with Dark Lover.

message 14: by Vavita (new)

Vavita I didn't like the Fallen Angel but I love the BDB.
I hope you enjoy them!