Editors and Writers discussion

In Need of A Copyeditor

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Finley | 1 comments Hello,
Just had my first manuscript proofread, however the proofreader suggested I have a copy editor look it over to help with the flow of it. I rather like the flow and the tenses that I use so I don't want it to be altered too much but maybe another set of eyes to read the first couple chapters to make sure I'm not completely crazy.
It is a romance, new beginning novel. Any help at all would be wonderful!

message 2: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Harris (JenniferHarris_Editor) | 4 comments Hi Andrea,

I'm a copy editor and I'd be happy to take a look at your manuscript. For more information on my Manuscript Critique services, you can visit HarrisHillBookServices.com and just click on the Manuscript Critique tab. I offer a 10-page review and a 50-page review as well as a Final Pass of your entire manuscript. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Jennifer Harris
HarrisHillBookServices.com

message 3: by Swati (new)

Swati Hegde (swatithegeek) | 24 comments Hi Andrea,

I'm a professional beta reader and editor. I'd love to work with you! My rates are affordable and well worth your money. You can read testimonials from former clients here: http://geekie-chic.blogspot.in/p/busi...

If you're interested, email me at geekiechicblog@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Swati

message 4: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Rankin (jmrankin) | 64 comments Hi Andrea,

I am a fully qualified copy editor and proofreader, with over seven years experience working with publishers, agents and authors alike on a variety of genres.

I always offer to edit the first 1500 words for free, so that I can assess the level of work involved and also so the author can see how I would work with their manuscript. An edit should always be completed before a proofread, as proofreading is what should take place just before publication, to ensure any last typos etc are picked up.

I am happy to discuss your manuscript with you in more detail, so please do not hesitate to contact me here on Goodreads, via my direct email whitediamondedits[at]gmail.com, or my website www.whitediamondedits.wordpress.com.

Best wishes
Jacqui

message 5: by Lin (new)

Lin | 75 comments Mod
Hi Andrea

If your proofreader is recommending a copyedit, then I would suggest that would be well worth your while. Any editor should be honouring your style but improving it for the reading experience.

I'm a copyeditor/proofreader working in the UK, so probably not suitable, but you're welcome to check out editing/publishing advice in the blog on my site: www.coinlea.co.uk.

Good luck in your search for an editor, and with your book.

Lin

message 6: by Husnaa (new)

Husnaa  (xohusnaaxo) | 8 comments Hey Andrea!
I'm a professional beta reader/editor who specializes in line editing, copy editing and proofreading so I would definitely be able to help you. If you're interested in my services and would like to find out more, email me at hhassam13@hotmail.com

message 7: by M. (new)

M. Harrison (mharrison) | 8 comments Hey Andrea,

Sounds like you might need a beta reader. Sometimes it helps to just have a focused reader take a look at it in its entirety without an eye to editing. My company offers beta reading for a great rate. Take a look at our website.

http://www.harrisonedit.com

And good luck with your manuscript!

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Nemchick | 35 comments Hi Andrea,

If you are still in search of a good copy editor, I am available. I've had a lot of experience editing romance novels so hopefully I would be able to provide some useful feedback. Do get in contact via my website if you would like some more information.

http://www.emilynemchickediting.com/