What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Blame It On Cupid
This topic is about Blame It On Cupid
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Ditzy blonde guardian of friend's kid divorced CIA analyst with twin sons [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ollie (new)

Ollie | 13 comments Set in Virginia I think, near Langley? In the suburbs. The heroine is this easy going, free spirited, kind of ditzy seeming blonde who ends up becoming legally responsible for her wealthy friend's kid. She and her friend aren't really even that close and they haven't know each other for a very long time but at a bar when signs a napkin as a kind of contract that she'll take care of her friend's (who is a guy) daughter should anything ever happen to him. When he dies she packs up and drives to the wealthy suburbs where he used to live and moves into his old house to take care of the girl because she's a good person. Everyone else kind of looks down on her because they think she is a ditzy irresponsible blonde who only cares about the fund set up to take care of the girl. By the way, I think her friend who died was named Richard? Not sure. Anyway, while living in the house she meets and eventually falls in love with her neighbor who is a divorced CIA analyst with twin sons.

*SPOILERS*

One specific thing I remember is that the blonde holds a sleepover in the house for the girl (who is a preteen I think) and her friends. It's a boy/girl sleepover with the blonde and the CIA staying in the house as well but people get pissed and say it's irresponsible which is used as evidence in saying the blonde can't have custody of the girl.

Also, at the end of the novel the CIA guy and his twin sons act as character witnesses for the blonde so she can have guardianship.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
So is it chick lit? Romance? What year did you read it? Paper book, ebook, other format? Remember the cover?

message 3: by Ollie (new)

Ollie | 13 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "So is it chick lit? Romance? What year did you read it? Paper book, ebook, other format? Remember the cover?"
It was contemporary romance, possibly chick lit...but that's all I can really say....

message 4: by Ollie (new)

Ollie | 13 comments I also think there's a bit of an age difference between the hero and heroine with the hero being older. However, how much older I couldn't say...

message 5: by Ollie (new)

Ollie | 13 comments I know this book is on goodreads and i remember really loving it, I can't get it out of my head...I'm really hoping that someone else has read it so please respond if you know the book or have any more info to add to the description or even if you know some book lists it could possible be on. I've been trying to search for it with the info I have but I'd appreciate it if I could get some help in looking for it.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34414 comments Mod
Alivya, you have to give it time. Only 11 people have seen this request.

The bump period for this large group is 30+ days - or sooner if you remember more information.

message 8: by Ollie (new)

Ollie | 13 comments Kym wrote: "Blame It On Cupid by Jennifer Greene?"

Omg, this is it! Thank you so much!

message 9: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments You're very welcome.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Blame It On Cupid (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jennifer Greene (other topics)