Post your thoughts here on the book

message 2: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments Thanks Paul

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Paul

message 4: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments Jason its on your TBR list. Join us

message 5: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Yesssssss master!

message 6: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments How you doing Charlotte? I think I'm about half way through. It's hard to tell on Kindle. I find it disturbing, believable ( I'm a mental health nurse) and a bit compelling. Not sure I like it so far. That's because it's so well written.

message 7: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Forgot you told me to read this one, just bought a copy of Bipolar: A breakdown similar subject matter.

message 8: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments I hope to add the wards described so far remind me of when I trained in the late 80s. I hope they have improved. Don't work on them now. There is still a hint of truth in some of the bits from today though.

message 9: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments Finished. A little difficult to read at times. However it's so well written I carried on. What do you think Charlotte?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm about half way.

I've always wondered how close to the truth the parts where she's institutionalised are.

I did find it hard to read in parts because i think its such a frank account of what it's like to have a breakdown or mental health issues.

The line "what will I do while I'm lasting?" Is one that always strikes a chord with me.

What did you think of her writing style?

I'm also keen to know what you thought of the part at the school assembly and also Joy's return to her own home at the end?