Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Cinder question

Should I read this book?
Gabs Gabs Jun 04, 2016 12:07PM
I love disney and disney retelling's but I'm not a big sifi fan. I have the book but I don't know if I want to read it right now. How did you like it? How long did it take you to read it?

Yes, definitely! It is a really good book. Worth reading!

You don't have to be a sci fi fan to enjoy this book. It's more to do with the Cinderella retelling, which you'll probably like. It was a fairly quick read for me. I have to warn you that I didn't like the book after this, Scarlet. Still, Cinder is awesome and I highly recommend it. I know a lot of people like the rest of the series as well, so maybe that's just me.

tl;dr: Yes, it's great.

Yes. Yes. Yes. It is a great series. It's Star Wars/Fairy Tales mixed into one. There is nothing about this series that is disappointing. The plot and story is gripping, exciting and incredible. The characters are awesome, even the ones you are meant to hate.

You will not be disappointed. I promise. I also recommend you listen to the audiobook. The narrator is breathtakingly awesome.

YES YES YES !! It's a great series and easy to read

READ IT. SERIOUSLY, READ IT. I'M GOING ALL CAPS AND EVERYTHING!

deleted member (last edited Aug 05, 2016 02:19PM ) Aug 05, 2016 02:18PM   0 votes
Yes. Especially if you're fond of fairytales, this is a wonderful sci-fi ish fantasy-ish book you should definitely consider reading!

I read this book over a year ago and I unfortunately didn't enjoy it. But i am very excited for her new novel Heartless. I want to give Marissa another try.

I tried it. Didn't particularly care for it. Felt amateurish and rushed.

yes! read it

I highly recommend reading Cinder. I don't think you have to be a huge science fiction fan to enjoy reading this series. I would consider it to be a sci-fi/fantasy blend. I love all four books(especially Winter, book 4). And the characters are all spectacular! If you prefer a clean, fun, hilarious, and original book, then Cinder is a fantastic pick! Hope this helps.

Yes you should.

Thank you everyone! It was really helpful! I think I'll give it a try since I already have the book and see if I want to continue the series or not.

Angie Elle (last edited Jun 04, 2016 05:53PM ) Jun 04, 2016 05:43PM   0 votes
I thought this was a decent read, but the rest of the series wasn't enjoyable to me. I DNFd the last one, which is very rare for me to do with the last book in the series.

Editing to add - I do agree with others who said this wasn't heavy on the scifi. I think it was more fantasy than scifi.

I am glad I came upon this discussion. I have been skeptical about reading this book for a long time now. I keep adding it to my list at at the book store but then change my mind. I think I am going to give it a try based on this discussion even though it seems like a mixed review.

I've read every book except winter. they're all amazing and wonderful and a little romantic