Outlander Series discussion

73 views
Outlander on Starz S2 > Episode 11 - Vengeance Is Mine

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments but who's vengeance?


message 2: by Liza (new)

Liza (lizaburgos) This is the episode I have been waiting since they left Paris. Its finally getting good...just like the book (for me).


message 3: by Vanessa Eden (new)

Vanessa  Eden Patton (vanessaeden) | 549 comments I agree! I honestly did not care for the Paris parts in the book...in the series it was ok. My husband who has never read the books, became quiet disinterested in the Paris episodes. Now that they are back in Scotland his interest has piqued once again.
Can't wait for this episode.


message 4: by Liza (new)

Liza (lizaburgos) The episode is different from the book, btw but Diana wrote this episode...and its still damn good.


message 5: by Liza (new)

Liza (lizaburgos) Hi Vanessa, I loved the ending of the Paris episode. it was very emotional but once they got to Scotland, oh my goodness, it got so boring for me (book and tv series) but i knew it had to pick up sometime soon and I am glad Diana wrote this episode because she did an amazing job at it. I hope they bring her back to write more episodes for season 3-4.

Vanessa Eden wrote: "I agree! I honestly did not care for the Paris parts in the book...in the series it was ok. My husband who has never read the books, became quiet disinterested in the Paris episodes. Now that they ..."


message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie I am freaking out, this episode has them in the church? Wow they are really rushing to fit it all into one season.. I thinks it good that they didn't dive to deep into the whole Paris-thing, but I feel like the first two books build up to Prestopans and Culloden and now in the series is doesn't feel as dramatic yet as in the books? I don't really get the feel of them being desperate etc. Still, I am looking forward to this 11th episode, but I hope they really make something great out of this!


message 8: by M. (new)

M. MacKinnon | 121 comments What I particularly liked in this episode were the bits of humor; Claire's horrible Gaelic, Murtaugh's wry question about the wisdom of Jaime's marrying Claire...we're definitely going to need them in order to survive the last episode!


message 9: by Jacki Mohap (new)

Jacki Mohap | 56 comments Liza wrote: "Hi Vanessa, I loved the ending of the Paris episode. it was very emotional but once they got to Scotland, oh my goodness, it got so boring for me (book and tv series) but i knew it had to pick up s..."

I saw that someone had tweeted Diana asking if she would be writing any episodes in seasons 3-4; she responded that she won't, because otherwise she won't get Book 9 finished. I did love this episode, but I think I'd rather have Book 9 out as soon as possible! :)


message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather Joseph | 13 comments Maria wrote: "I am freaking out, this episode has them in the church? Wow they are really rushing to fit it all into one season.. I thinks it good that they didn't dive to deep into the whole Paris-thing, but I ..."
I do not recall Mary stabbing her attacker in the book; in addition, I thought that Clair encounters Black Jack and his brother's illness where Black Jack marries Mary because of the baby. I think I have to read that part again. If I am correct, she changed that part of the book a lot.


message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather Joseph | 13 comments Dee wrote: "but who's vengeance?"
I think Mary's.


Heather wrote: "Maria wrote: "I am freaking out, this episode has them in the church? Wow they are really rushing to fit it all into one season.. I thinks it good that they didn't dive to deep into the whole Paris..."


message 12: by Grandmat (new)

Grandmat (grandmat03053) | 54 comments Heather wrote: "Dee wrote: "but who's vengeance?"
I think Mary's.

Also, Claire's as provided by Murtough. (Heck, I think I misspelled that name) He swore to Jamie that he would revenge her attack.



message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Yes she really changed it a lot!! I know that of course the series would be different from the books, it has to be. But some changes aren't for the better..


back to top