Outlander Series discussion

Outlander on Starz S2 > Episode 9 - Je Suis Prest

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments I am ready for episode 9

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments for those on twitter, you can tweet live at 9pm eastern using the hashtag - #highlanderreunion

message 3: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Eversole (dearnabby) | 39 comments So anyone get a lil excited about Dougal running around half naked?

message 4: by M. (new)

M. MacKinnon | 121 comments Loved the episode. The only part that bothered me was marrying Willie off and sending him to America. I LOVE Willie, and was looking forward to seeing him again.

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane (Tvor) | 19 comments I quite liked the episode, especially the increasing tension between Jamie and his uncle, a real butting of the heads and setting up for, at least going by what happens in the book(view spoiler).

Also, Is Lord John Gray's first name William? I must have forgotten that.

message 7: by M. (new)

M. MacKinnon | 121 comments Lord John William Bertram Armstrong Grey; just looked it up. I don't know why he introduced himself as William; he did so in the book, too.

message 8: by Barb (new)

Barb Wild (bearsilu2) | 24 comments Tessa wrote: "So anyone get a lil excited about Dougal running around half naked?"

me me me

message 9: by Barb (last edited Jun 06, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Barb Wild (bearsilu2) | 24 comments differenet willie~ Willie is willie jamies tennent but Lord John Grey is the william with the debt of honor that his brother had with jamie, His brother Hal found jamie in the farmhouse,

message 10: by Gidget (new)

Gidget | 8 comments Sharon wrote: "I wish the TV series kept the William Grey part the way it was in the book."

Yes! I thought they did a good job with the scene and Jamie and Clair were great, but the scene from the book was so much better!

message 11: by Gidget (new)

Gidget | 8 comments Monica wrote: "Lord John William Bertram Armstrong Grey; just looked it up. I don't know why he introduced himself as William; he did so in the book, too."

I just read this book a year ago, and that confused me at first. I knew there was a series of "Lord John" books, so I thought, "Who the heck is William?"

This has happened with other characters as well, hasn't it? Seems like he's not the only character introduced a second time with a different first name. Was that common in the 18th century?

message 12: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne | 219 comments I read the book earlier this year and I am binge watching the show so it’s all fresh in my mind. I did enjoy this episode but I am sitting here picking out the differences. Sometimes even though it works I don’t understand the reason they change things.