IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Iggle Reading Challenges > June 2016 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Who's ready for Craftamageddon??? The theme for June is all thing crafty and DIY!
We are going to try something a little different for this mo the challenge- I'm going to add homework!!! Are you excited?? No? Don't worry the homework should be fun!!

Your challenge this month is to head on over to your library or bookstore, find a book about a new craft, maybe something you've always wanted to try but were a little scared to, and then (here's the homework....) do the craft!! Are you excited now? I hope so!

We all wanna see your final project! You can post pictures here but don't forget to also post them on twitter and Instagram too so we have show the IGGPPC world how awesome our crafts are!

Here is a list to help you out!!

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

Rules are:
-It has to be a new book/comic for you, one you haven't read before
-It must be different than our other book picks, so it can't be the same main, comic book, manga or series we are reading that month
-Check in with us once you've read your book, you can do that here, on twitter, the IGGPPC forums or our Instagram page, I love seeing covers so take a picture and share with us! 

I hope everyone has fun getting their craft on this month!!!
-Michelle

message 2: by Arenaw (new)

Arenaw | 15 comments Maybe it's the month for me to learn how to knit !

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie | 38 comments this is perfect. I just got a spinning wheel today as a gift. I will read a book on spinning and learn how to do it

message 4: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (naommah) Fun challenge! Maybe i'll learn some knitting finally.

What happened to the monthly craft challenges on the site? I joined right when they stopped. :(

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Lindsey wrote: "Fun challenge! Maybe i'll learn some knitting finally.

What happened to the monthly craft challenges on the site? I joined right when they stopped. :("

Looks like there's a new challenge for June!
http://geekgirlpenpals.com/forums/for...

message 6: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (naommah) Awesome, Thanks Michelle!

message 7: by Kami (new)

Kami | 2 comments I've had this book called "101 Crafts Under $10" for quite some time now, and I've never done any of them! I think now is a good time to challenge myself and learn some felting. There is a play mat that I could make for my new nephew. Thanks for the inspiration!

message 8: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (naommah) I finally got my craft book! The Repurposed Library by Lisa Occhipinti. I am still figuring out which project I am doing though. But i thought i would share the book in case it might help anyone!

Also got Hoopla by Leanne Prain. I am so blown away with the kick ass cool art. If you enjoy stitching I whole heartedly recommend the book for atleast the pictures. Now i just need to actually read it lol.

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (arcanegumption) | 134 comments I found my craft book. New Concepts in Paper Quilling Techniques for Cards & Gifts by Marie Browning Paper Quilling. I bought the supplies a while ago and never got around to trying it. So with my craft book I plan to learn.

Kendall • thegeekyyogi (thegeekyyogi) | 74 comments Finally found my book today! Washi Style by Marisa Edghill. I've been admiring all the lovely washi tape for sometime now, but never really knew what to do with it. I'm also not the most crafty person on the planet, but this book has a lot of fun projects and I can't wait to get started!

message 11: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (naommah) Halfway done-ish? Going to cut up another book for more book blasts. And maybe also do a book mobile.
https://goo.gl/kR4XxW

message 12: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (naommah) All done!!
Book Bursts https://goo.gl/ubIYXL
Giant Book Mobile goo.gl/YbJvfc

That was fun!